funny comments

Spinner9

I'm sure you've all got the same comments......... such as
"Why do you have to be so serious dude, we are here to have fun" from a friend
"This guy sits with $400 dollars and bets the min $5" from the idiot 2 seats down
"That sucks man you bet $80 and the dealer got blackjack" from another idiot next to you....
I want to respond to all of these
#1 "Well man I find it a much bigger rush to have $75 bet knowing I have the advantage and peak at my cards to find a pat 20 and if I'm going to play with my hard earned money I'd like to at least have the advantage." Which I don't say bc he wouldn't begin to understand
#2 "Well what do you know look whose betting $5 dollars now" when I raise my bet a few minutes later and win a hand
#3 "Well moron I lost $80 but I had a 2 in 5 chance of getting blackjack since the guy on first base had one too. That is why your here isn't it?"

You can't say anything for obvious reasons.... just wondering if you guys find these comments as amusing as I do.... It's amazing how people can just throw their money away and not have a clue in the world.

A few days ago im playing on a double deck table with 3 old asian ladies when I hit my 13 vs dealer deuce TC at -4 taking the dealers bust 10 and one of the women was sure to make me aware of it. After 8 losing shuffles in a row I get my money back plus some due to 2 hands at +6 and +8 and the same lady says " You do good get you money back on one shuffle." I simply reply Yes ma'am and casually walk away.

Last edited:

callipygian

Spinner9 said:
"Why do you have to be so serious dude, we are here to have fun" from a friend
"This guy sits with $400 dollars and bets the min $5" from the idiot 2 seats down
If you're getting these two comments, you should probably change your play. You shouldn't be serious at the table, you should be whooping it up with everyone else. And you shouldn't buy into a $5 with $400 - you can always rebuy if you lose your first few big bets.

I have a bunch of standard lines I use against people who complain against basic strategy. People who complain about hitting 12 vs. dealer 2 (I've never hung around at a TC of -4 to actually switch H13 v. d2) get challenged to a side bet - every time I hit a 10, I'll pay them one bet, every time I am hit A-9, they pay me one bet. That usually shuts them up.

It's even funnier if your standard lines eventually conflict and someone calls you out on it. I once claimed that "dealer only gets dealt blackjack 1 in 20 hands, so if he just got blackjack he probably won't get another for 19 hands" to justify raising my bet when someone questioned it; later, right after a dealer BJ, he was dealt another ace and I took insurance because the count was still high. The guy said, "I thought you said dealer only gets blackjack every 20 hands" and I was dumbfounded. Eventually, I stammered out, "I never thought of that" and put on my best bewildered face, which wasn't hard. He and the dealer both laughed at me, and I laughed too, but not at the same thing. (My insurance bet and my hand lost; the count plummeted and so I scurried off as if I had just been thoroughly embarassed :grin: )

comments

One night I blitzed it for $15 000, had a break, tired and hungry.
Then i went to another table and lost a measley $1500, sitting 3rd Base,
my mate sitting 1st Base, and a Veitmanese bloke on 2nd Base.
This bloke was just not playing correctly (if there is such a thin ?-) )
Even the Dealer was amazed at his Playing Style, then he had the audicity to ask me what to do with his next hand, and I replied " Don't know mate, not my hand" :)

how's that?

I got scoffed at yesterday at the $15 table for hitting 17 against a dealer's 10. I drew an A and the guy next to me said "can't believe it... never seen anyone do that before." The dealer ended up having 20, btw.

cardcounter0

"Why do you have to be so serious dude, we are here to have fun" from a friend"

This should be a warning, you need a to work on a better act and maybe you need new friends.

Spinner9

This should be a warning, you need a to work on a better act and maybe you need new friends.
They refer to the amount of money I bring to play with..... I have a great time every time I play. I try to juggle session time and buddy time and keep them seperate but sometimes it's impossible due to the fact that we live half an hour from the joints

aslan

callipygian said:
If you're getting these two comments, you should probably change your play. You shouldn't be serious at the table, you should be whooping it up with everyone else. And you shouldn't buy into a $5 with $400 - you can always rebuy if you lose your first few big bets.

I have a bunch of standard lines I use against people who complain against basic strategy. People who complain about hitting 12 vs. dealer 2 (I've never hung around at a TC of -4 to actually switch H13 v. d2) get challenged to a side bet - every time I hit a 10, I'll pay them one bet, every time I am hit A-9, they pay me one bet. That usually shuts them up.

It's even funnier if your standard lines eventually conflict and someone calls you out on it. I once claimed that "dealer only gets dealt blackjack 1 in 20 hands, so if he just got blackjack he probably won't get another for 19 hands" to justify raising my bet when someone questioned it; later, right after a dealer BJ, he was dealt another ace and I took insurance because the count was still high. The guy said, "I thought you said dealer only gets blackjack every 20 hands" and I was dumbfounded. Eventually, I stammered out, "I never thought of that" and put on my best bewildered face, which wasn't hard. He and the dealer both laughed at me, and I laughed too, but not at the same thing. (My insurance bet and my hand lost; the count plummeted and so I scurried off as if I had just been thoroughly embarassed :grin: )
That reminds me of the time I was losing about $3000 at the Taj Mahal in AC, when a friend arrived at my $25 table to see me betting two hands at $200 a hand, sometimes splitting and sometime doubling down so that at times I had $600 or $800 bet at a time. He reported back to my friends later that I go off like a rocket (one of them told me). Lol What he didn't know was that those large bets actually recouped nearly $2000 of my losses, but all he could see was how "wildly" I was betting. What he didn't know, and wouldn't understand if he did know, was that I was in a high plus count and was actually playing a pretty tame game.

EasyRhino

An aquaintance saw me backcounting at a table in Vegas somewhere, and asked, sarcastically, "oh, are you waiting for the flow of the cards to improve?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. And refer to it as The Flow, knave."