Help with counting cards please

Hi,
I'm new to counting cards and just had few questions about it.
I know you're suppose to add +1 for 2-6, 7-9 is neutral and 10-A is -1. Is this called Hi-Lo counting method?
and if so, when you start counting do you start off at 0 from the fresh pack?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

lagavulin62

yes, hi-lo is a balanced count so you would start counting at 0. once you finish the deck, or decks, if you counted correctly you should end with 0.

i did read the KO count thing in this site, but I read Hi-Lo is better than KO-count in this forum. I don't think I have trouble counting cards, I just want a method that works better.
Thanks

Most of the time, the true count not over plus 2 on 6 decks that I card count. Lot of time the true count is even or plus 1. Is anybody have this same experience?? Thanks for you comments.

E-town-guy

I play a 4 deck game and find the shoe is rarely above a TC of +2 until there's only 2 decks or less remaining. That gives me about 1 deck to hope for a high count before the cut card. With that said though I've had the TC go above +10 when the shoe was nearing just 1 deck remaining.

lagavulin62

as e-town posted in another thread if you will check out the card counting strategy advisor at http://www.qfit.com, it will list all of the popular, and proven, strategies and will rank them according to your needs and skills. then you can research further those you are interested in.