hi-lo vs. hi-lo lite

E-town-guy

I orginally read Kevin Blackwood's BJ book and learned the hi-lo counting system but now I've read through some of Blackbelt in Blackjack and the author has talked about the hi-lo lite being easier to use (with regards to true count calculations) and not loosing any of the edge a player gets from using the hi-lo. Thus, I'm very tempted to switch from the hi-lo to the hi-lo lite as I haven't completely mastered the hi-lo yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with the hi-lo lite? One thing to keep in mind is I might want to one day learn the hi-opt2, especially if I go somewhere with single/double deck opportunities, so I'm wondering if the hi-lo offers an easier transistion as opposed to the hi-lo lite.
Thanks.

BAMA21

I think, if I am understanding it correctly, that Snyder is simply saying that the Hi-Lo Lite is easier to play because it has fewer indicies to remember. The point he makes at several points along the way is that you come out better in the long run to execute a less powerful system perfectly than to execute a more powerful system with mistakes. THat was his point with the Red 7 system, that it delivers a significant percentage of the more complicated system's results, but is much easier to learn and execute flawlessly while still enjoying time at the table and playing longer stretches.