Hi-Opt II vs. Advanced Omega II

Southpaw

A few days ago, jack,jackson asked me to perform some simulations comparing HO2 and AO2 in various hand-held games.

For these simulations, I used 1/4 deck resolution, rounded deck estimation and rounded deck estimation. Both systems have full indices and an ace side-count. All simulations were for 1 Billion Rounds.

The systems were compared under two different types of SD and DD games. Each SD and DD game had two different pen varieties. Finally, each pen level had two different spreads. Thus, 32 different simulations are reported (although I had to do an additional sixteen to determine betting ramps that would make fair as fair a comparison as possible).

For the betting ramps, each system bets 1 unit on all hands below a certain true count and places its max bet on hands where the TC exceeds this critical value. Ideally, you want to have each system raise its bets when each system's TC predict that they have the exact same TBA for the hand (Total bet advantage; IOW, advantage related to the total bet for the hand). (How accurate this prediction is relates to the BC of the system). I did my best to make sure that each system raised its bets when their TC predicted that the next hand would offer a nearly equivalent TBA, though for some cases one system may have been raising its bets on hands offering a slightly lower TBA than the other system, thus overbetting relative to the other system. The TC at which each system ramps its bet is indicated for each set of conditions.

I provided the TBA, S.d. (per 100 hands) and Action (per 100 hands) as a means to compare the two systems. The latter two figures are reported in units. As you can see from the results, the system raising its bet on hands with a slightly lower predicted TBA, will have an advantage in the TBA criterion, but this will lead to a higher S.d. Clearly then, if a system has a higher TBA, but a lower S.d., then it is superior under those conditions, assuming perfect play.

I have highlighted the conditions green where the HO2's SOCRE is higher

Similarly, I have highlighted the conditions red where AO2's SCORE is higher

Disclaimer: Note that when a system is victorious, the victory is absolutely minuscule, even when perfect play is assumed. In practice, I'd wager that there is absolutely difference between these two systems under the conditions studied. Deciding which system is better for any given user should be determined by how well they can execute each system.

Here are the results:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0cCldUn36hMNTEwZDc1ZWItMWIyNC00NzY4LWJjNGMtYjVlNjRiNmE5MWNk&hl=fr

Enjoy!

SP

Last edited:

jack.jackson

Wow! Nice work Southpaw. Excellent data. Thanks for taking the time to post these. So is it fair to say, that Ho2 is victorious? So how close was it? Im not sure im reading this right. Is that units won per hour?:confused: Is it safe to say the system with the higher TBA would also have a better score?

Last edited:

Southpaw

jack said:
Wow! Nice work Southpaw. Excellent data. Thanks for taking the time to post these. So is it fair to say, that Ho2 is victorious? So how close was it? Im not sure im reading this right. Is that units won per hour?:confused: Is it safe to say the system with the higher TBA would also have a better score?
If you want to find out the units won per 100, you have to multiply the TBA by the action / 100.

No, it is not safe to say that the system with the higher win / 100 will have the higher score. SCORE is the dollar amount won per hour, assuming a BR of 10k and 13.5% RoR.

However, if one system has a higher win rate, but a lower risk, then its score will unequivocally be higher. S.d. is proportional to risk, so those conditions where a system's TBA is higher, but its S.d. is lower will have a better SCORE, assuming that it's Action / 100 is not greatly different from the other system.

SP

Last edited:

Southpaw

I edited the results to include the SCORE. This didn't change any conclusions, save for the fact that I got to resolve some cases that were previously labeled ambiguous.

SP