Hitting 12 vs. 2 or 3

I know basic strategy is to hit a 12 vs. a 2 or 3. But does this apply only to a two card twelve or does it apply to a multi-card 12 also? Assuming multi-decks, just using basic strategy and no counting.

pooptarts92

I'm assuming to hit a multi card 12 applies too since the idea is to try and make a hand since 12 and 13 are quite makeable hands for the dealer.

UK-21

If you're a basic strategy playerr just hit your 12 v 2 or 3. With a multi-deck game, even if there are lots of small cards on the table the odds are in your favour not to bust.

If you were to count the cards, there would come a point when you would stand with your 12, and this would be dependent on the composition of the remaining cards to play.

Bondy3

if you count cards

stand 12 vs 2 if the TC is 3 or more
Stand 12 vs 3 if the TC is 1 or more
stand 12 vs 4 if the TC is positive
Stand 12 vs 5 if the TC is -1 or more
Stand 12 vs 6 if the TC is -3 or more

Generally if the TC is less than -3 you shouldnt be playing, but if you are then you can hit 12 vs 3

hit or stand 12?

Bondy3 said:
if you count cards

stand 12 vs 2 if the TC is 3 or more
Stand 12 vs 3 if the TC is 1 or more
stand 12 vs 4 if the TC is positive
Stand 12 vs 5 if the TC is -1 or more
Stand 12 vs 6 if the TC is -3 or more

Generally if the TC is less than -3 you shouldnt be playing, but if you are then you can hit 12 vs 3
Bondi,

So if 12 v 5 or 12 v 6 are at positive true counts, do you recommend "hit?" I have a friend who would bet wildly and hit 12 v 5 sometimes without any concrete knowledge of the game. Maybe he really knew what he was doing? Thanks.

halbruno said:
Bondi,

So if 12 v 5 or 12 v 6 are at positive true counts, do you recommend "hit?" I have a friend who would bet wildly and hit 12 v 5 sometimes without any concrete knowledge of the game. Maybe he really knew what he was doing? Thanks.
You said it backwards. You should hit 12 v 5, 12 v 6, (and 12 v 4) at NEGATIVE counts, 12 v 6 more negative than theh others.

Confused 12 v....hit or stand!

:confused:
WrongWayWade said:
You said it backwards. You should hit 12 v 5, 12 v 6, (and 12 v 4) at NEGATIVE counts, 12 v 6 more negative than theh others.
Mr Wade,

You say to hit while the chart by Bondi just above states to stand at negative counts for 12 v 4, 5, 6. Who is right? Thanks!

Canceler

Look a little closer...

halbruno said:
You say to hit while the chart by Bondi just above states to stand at negative counts for 12 v 4, 5, 6. Who is right? Thanks!
The chart says to stand at some negative count or greater, below that you would hit. :)