Hitting Hard 19 vs Dealer 10... Whats the indice? Lol

jerseyshop101

Just witnessed this the other day. I have never seen anyone hit a Hard 19 before. Guy drew a facecard which would of busted the dealer instead. He then says he was tired of losing to the dealers 20s all the time. :laugh:

This ranks up there with the player I seen stand on A2 I seen a couple years back.

Has anyone ever witnessed a player hitting his Hard 20? That was at least sober at the time? :)

jerseyshop101 said:
Just witnessed this the other day. I have never seen anyone hit a Hard 19 before. Guy drew a facecard which would of busted the dealer instead. He then says he was tired of losing to the dealers 20s all the time. :laugh:

This ranks up there with the player I seen stand on A2 I seen a couple years back.

Has anyone ever witnessed a player hitting his Hard 20? That was at least sober at the time? :)
Did you point out he still lost? Or ask if it felt better to lose by busting?

I think the dumbest play I have seen was doubling a hard 16 against a face card.

Friendo

Full circle

So now, from index (singular) -> indices (plural), we have arrived back at "indice" for the singular of index.

Okay.

Automatic Monkey said:
It depends on the count. If you are counting A,2 vs. 3-6, there probably is an index for it.
AM, you missed that he stood on soft 13. There is only upside to hitting or doubling if appropraiate.

moo321

There can't be an index for that play in a linear system. Only if you were side-counting aces and/or twos and knew that there was nothing but aces or twos left.

Sucker

If there were only aces and deuces left then that would mean that the dealer could ONLY have a 12, and the best hand he could possibly make would be 18. Nineteen is a LOCK hand.

(Hard to believe; but the OP's tongue-in-cheek question has actually been getting some serious answers!). :laugh:

HockeXpert

jerseyshop101 said:
I vaguely remember a post on here about someone either hitting or doubling hard twenty when the next card was known to be an ace. I don't remember it as an AP move but as a fortunate ploppy play.

Sucker said:
If there were only aces and deuces left then that would mean that the dealer could ONLY have a 12, and the best hand he could possibly make would be 18. Nineteen is a LOCK hand.

(Hard to believe; but the OP's tongue-in-cheek question has actually been getting some serious answers!). :laugh:
Doubling in this situation would double the win of your LOCK hand.

HockeXpert said:
I vaguely remember a post on here about someone either hitting or doubling hard twenty when the next card was known to be an ace. I don't remember it as an AP move but as a fortunate ploppy play.
I saw a ploppy hit an 8 card 20 and of course he drew the lucky ace.

Never seen anyone hit a hard 19, but I've seen a guy double on blackjack and the pit boss let him do it. He actually caught a face card. I've seen a guy split a pair of beautiful queens against a dealer's Ace only to make two hard 17's and the dealer beats him with an 8 under. And I've had countless people yell at me for hitting my A'7's against a dealer's 9. :(

ycming

Sucker said:

Surely if that is the case, then you should double the 19, knowing that only ace and 2 are left!

Ming

tthree said:
Did you point out he still lost? Or ask if it felt better to lose by busting?

I think the dumbest play I have seen was doubling a hard 16 against a face card.
I've seen that too. I've also seen standing on 11. I just loved it: everyone was too busy laughing at this drunken idiot's game that they couldn't care less about mine.

Gamblor

parsifal said:
I've seen that too. I've also seen standing on 11. I just loved it: everyone was too busy laughing at this drunken idiot's game that they couldn't care less about mine.
Laughing. Thats an unusual reaction from ploppies, usually they would be cursing the guy out, leaving in a hissy fit, wailing and foaming at the mouth, etc.

Gamblor said:
Laughing. Thats an unusual reaction from ploppies, usually they would be cursing the guy out, leaving in a hissy fit, wailing and foaming at the mouth, etc.
Oh no! That was a merry lot. But I did once spark a massive face-off between a couple sitting next to me for she was adamant I shouldn't have wonged-in at the last two hands and opened two spots too and her boyfriend was telling her to calm down and not be confrontational. Well, you know how such candid advice works on a pissed lass. It was their fight that ended up catching the attention of the PB. And, most absurdly, she was upset not because I got all the good cards after they had been beaten by the dealer round after round - but because I messed her perfect pairs side bet...

I had a friend (first time playing) that thought double down meant you just double your bet. Doubled on hard 18, dealer yelled "Double Hard 18!" everyone started looking around like he was crazy.. and pulled a 3 lol