Honesty in BJ

Re: Mixed sentiments

3) The dealer and I have multi-card totals, and the dealer has beaten me, I cry out "push!" ant pull my money back. Of course, I expect to have the dealer correct me, but he doesn't always clearly recall my bet size.

I am not so sure the is legal...

Re: Mixed ... HOW ABOUT...

...THIS ONE? zg

HERE'S ONE (a 1-time per club/yr) = I'm at 3rd base, face-down pitch, I spread to 2hands but I'm only dealt 1hand by dealer-error - I push the cards apart WITHOUT FIRST LOOKING, 1card to a bet (I do this quickly while the dealer is occupied at 1st base, remember I haven't looked at them and I did have both bets out properly) In most clubs the PC will instruct the dealer to deal another card each and then give me the option to play or FREE SURRENDAR (ie, dead hand) each. This is a move that I learned from the several times that a dealer DID deal 1card per spot. zg

Coug Fan

Effect on other players.

Here is a recent situation. 3 players at a $1 minimum player. I had 2 hands of $10, Player B has 1 hand of $1, and Player C has two hands of $25. Player B and I both are dealt stiffs and stand. Player C splits and doubles like crazy on both hands until he has $150 on the table (and has to go into his pocket). Dealer turns over a low card to go with her low up card, then hits to a 6 card 21. Dealer thinks she has 16 with 5 cards (really has 15). When she flips the final 6, she announces "One too many" and starts paying all the hands. Player B ($1 better) speaks up and says "Wait, you have a 21". This really happened.

Given the significantly different amounts of money at stake, I believe that it was up to Player C to decide whether he should call out the error, and that Player B was effectively butting in where he did not belong.

I couldn't resist splitting tens the next time Plaer B had his "big" bet out ($5). When he complained, I told him that he could complain after I did it 60 more times and cost him the same $300 that he had cost Player C. For some reason, he left after that hand.