How many hands do you get?

Sonny

Maybe 400 or so? It depends on how fast you can play. You could easily get more or less than that but 400 is probably a decent estimate.

-Sonny-

Last edited:

EasyRhino

Jesus, I don't even know if I play that fast online.

(Haven't clocked it though)

But I was wondering this question when considering a +EV situation like a 2:1 blackjack promo (or 3:1 suited). If you were just going to sit down and play basic strategy, it would probably be best to find the game with the lowest innate edge, and play as fast as possible. but if you have the choice between an 8D game and a 2D game, would the extra shuffling (and slowness of pitch play) actually slow you down enough to where the 8D game became the best choice?

(And no, I wasn't calling Sonny Jesus)

Sonny

EasyRhino said:
Jesus, I don't even know if I play that fast online.
You'd be surprised how fast you can play online. Maybe 200-300 hands per hour! And playing two hands at a time almost doubles that rate.

EasyRhino said:
but if you have the choice between an 8D game and a 2D game, would the extra shuffling (and slowness of pitch play) actually slow you down enough to where the 8D game became the best choice?
Ideally you would play through the shoe then Wong out during the shuffle. Since you aren’t counting you can jump into any shoe, even one already in progress, in order to avoid waiting for the dealer to shuffle.

-Sonny-

RikaKazak

Sonny said:
You'd be surprised how fast you can play online. Maybe 200-300 hands per hour! And playing two hands at a time almost doubles that rate.

Ideally you would play through the shoe then Wong out during the shuffle. Since you aren’t counting you can jump into any shoe, even one already in progress, in order to avoid waiting for the dealer to shuffle.

-Sonny-
WOW, I didn't think it was anywhere near 400 hands. (is this per hour, or per shoe?)

What about if theyhave an auto shuffler too? (how long does it increase the amount of hands per hour?.....95% of my play has been with auto shufflers, no sure how slow shuffling really is)

EasyRhino

I've harassed the dealers at one local shop that has an extra laborious shuffle. For 6D, their "benchmark" is 2.5 min. A dealer hustling can do it in under 2, a lackadaisical shuffle can take over 3 min.

Plus there's the usual pokiness of plugging and filling the discard tray, and cutting and filling the shoe after the shuffle.

Kaiser

I think he means per hour.

Figure you can get in around 230 hands per hour heads up, so I think 400 per hour playing 2 hands isn't out of the question if you have a quick dealer.

Kasi

RikaKazak said:
Heads up vs. dealer, you play 2 hands at once, 6 decks with 70% pen.Thanks in advance.
All those estimates are good but don't forget you control the speed of play if he goes too fast.

Why not just have a friend, or even yourself, deal it out a few times and see playing and betting and counting like you think you would?

RikaKazak

Kasi said:
All those estimates are good but don't forget you control the speed of play if he goes too fast.

Why not just have a friend, or even yourself, deal it out a few times and see playing and betting and counting like you think you would?
I would try this, but I'm a gimp when it comes to dealing..and my 2 BJ buddies are even worse.