Index question.

ScottH

Mackhack said:
Well first I learned HI-LO and "mastered" it. After i read several articles about KO I bought the book, studied again and trained myself to make it 100 % and not just slopy.

Honestly (and ok I don't have 100k or even millions of $$ as a BR like MIT BJ Team), I don't see any differences in gaining advantage using HI-LO vs. KO but KO is way easier and more relaxed to play and I can act way easier as a person who never played BJ before, I can talk to my buddy during play.

Does anyone has different or similar things to mention about HI-LO vs. KO?
I heard that KO and Hi-Lo are so close that playing 62 minutes of KO will earn the same as 60 minutes of playing with Hi-Lo. So if you can play a little faster or a little longer with KO, then they are pretty much equal.

I think that is assuming you're playing KO-Preferred using the recommended BS departures. So you should learn them if you want your EV to be close to Hi-Lo.

SystemsTrader

Mackhack said:
Well first I learned HI-LO and "mastered" it. After i read several articles about KO I bought the book, studied again and trained myself to make it 100 % and not just slopy.

Honestly (and ok I don't have 100k or even millions of $$ as a BR like MIT BJ Team), I don't see any differences in gaining advantage using HI-LO vs. KO but KO is way easier and more relaxed to play and I can act way easier as a person who never played BJ before, I can talk to my buddy during play.

Does anyone has different or similar things to mention about HI-LO vs. KO?
KO might be more accurate depending on the amount of errors you might make in deck estimation and converting to true count. It was one of the reasons I switched from Hi-Lo to KO. I always rounded to a full deck when I used Hi-Lo so I must of lost some accuracy.