It all becomes clear!

GAGE COUNTY

In my persuit to find a counting system that is powerful, easy to learn, and easy to use, I have explored many systems. Hi lo, high opt, zen, and ubz2, to name a few. Well I think I found a winner. All u have to do is count on your fingers while u play! Just kidding. I am sold on the REKO system. KO seems to be the best all around system because as far as I can tell it is just as strong, or even stronger at 6 deck good pen games as high lo (which is what almost everyone uses). Yet it is much easier to use than high low because of no true count conversion, and REKO uses +2 for all indexes (doesnt get much easier than that). REKO is supposed to be 99% as strong as KO so it is prob dead even with high lo. The other thing I noticed is when using KO is your betting goes up and down alot more than with high lo because your using the running count. which makes you look more like a ploppy who "goes with thier gut". Where did the term ploppy come from anyway ?? I love that word. I guess I'm curious why doesnt every one use this system or at least everyone who is currently using high lo? I would also like some input on what people think of REKO? Good or bad experiences? I am betting like this

count bet

-4 $5
-3 $10
-2 $15
-1 $20
0 $30
1 $40
2 $50
3+ $60

six deck good pen

does this seem o k to everyone?
I just dont see the downside to REKO. Am I blind??:eyepatch:

FLASH1296

The casual player's quest for "Easy Systems will always be with us.

There are several "easy" systems.R(eal)E(asy) K.O. is one of many.
They are all easy, but you will pay a price re: power.

When a count is less than popular there are only two possible reasons:

A. It is too hard, e.g. Level 3 counts. So only a few Pro's use it.
B. It is a weak count, so peeps lose money, and the count loses credibility.

Last edited:

Sonny

Here’s some info from the source:

“REKO with 16 indexes all set to +2 using running count performed almost exactly the same as HiLo, True counted, with 20 indexes from ProBJ.”

-Norm W.

There was quite a long thread about this over at AP.com a few years ago. It’s worth a look:

(Dead link: http://www.advantageplayer.com/blackjack/forums/bj-main/webbbs.cgi?read=19809)

-Sonny-

GAGE COUNTY

REKO not powerful enough??

So Flash are you saying that REKO is not powerful enough? It appears to me to be a hair better than high lo. So does that meen that u think high lo is week? Most people use high lo so does that mean all those people are using a system that is not powerful enough? From what I've read alot of good players and teams use high lo and make money with it. I guess I am confused by your response could u please clarify. I do appreciate the feedback but not too sure I understand it. What system do u use for 6 decks?:confused:

Last edited:
no way

GAGE COUNTY said:
Thanks Sonny. Thats what I read as well, so why doesnt everyone use it at least for shoes??
reguardless of what the numbers say a unbalanced count is just not as accurate as a balanced . I used to swear by unbalanced counts because they easy to use. There is a reason why they are so easy yet no one uses them. Try the both of them for yourself and see what gets you more money. Try reko for a year and then hi-lo for a year. I bet you will be wuite surprised. You are crazy to not use any one of the counts that you named at the begining of this threads over the REKO count. Also balanced are much easier for wonging, and try to do any shuffle tracking with an unbalanced system. There are many reasons but hey if you like something and you make money more power to you i hope you keep doing well.

I believe flash uses a zen count and also a high opt II

Last edited:

FLASH1296

Hi-Lo

Actually, I do think that Hi-Lo is adequate for shoe games, primarily due to its excellent betting correlation.

However, I dismiss the various pretenders to the [level-one] card counting throne.

Yes, once again I am trumpeting what is merely MY opinion.

I am doing so with the foreknowledge that there are always people laying in wait to dump on me for expressing an unpopular opinion.

To be a bit clearer I suggest Hi-Lo for playing "shoe" games for all casual players and low stakes players. I am neither.

I am a often more than a bit skeptical about much of what is claimed about many Card Counting Systems.
I see a lot of it as flamboyant claims that are geared primarily to sell books and/or self-aggrandizement.

When I play "pitch" games I use only Hi-Opt II with side-counted Aces; and when I play "shoe" games I use ZEN exclusively. I use a full matrix of indices for both.

GAGE COUNTY

Thanks for clarifying

Thanks Flash for answering back. I think high opt 2 with aces is pretty sweet but might be a little too much for a part timer like me. I'm still not quite sure why u would recomend high lo over REKO for shoe games but I respect your opinion.

Thanks takinfromindians97

I can respect that, but isnt bj all about the numbers? I mean you have to trust the numbers to even want to count cards or what would be the point?
If a sim of billions of hands says that if i play an accurate game and bet the right amount at the right times I will make money in the long run, then I believe it. If the same sims say that one sytem performs better then another sytem in the long run I think it would be safe to say I believe that as well.
Anyone else have an opinion on this?? Thanks again for the replies.

ChefJJ

My opinion on REKO or KO in general: it works just fine. :joker:

But I am a "recreational" AP blackjack player...meaning I don't rely on it for anything, but definitely enjoy playing. So those like Flash, Sonny, etc. may have a different perspective on things.

good luck

Kasi

GAGE COUNTY said:
I can respect that, but isnt bj all about the numbers? I mean you have to trust the numbers to even want to count cards or what would be the point?
If a sim of billions of hands says that if i play an accurate game and bet the right amount at the right times I will make money in the long run, then I believe it. If the same sims say that one sytem performs better then another sytem in the long run I think it would be safe to say I believe that as well.
Anyone else have an opinion on this??
Exactomondo :whip:

You got it :grin:

It really is as simple as that ;)

FLASH1296

I will trust a sim' if I do it or John Austin does it or Don Schlesinger does it.
I don't fully trust anyone's results if they have an ax to grind or are selling their own system.

Incidentally, for some counts I refer to "The World's Greatest Blackjack Simulation" books by John Austin.

J.A.'s published simulations actually approach a TRILLION hands played for each system - and cover 1,2,6,and 8 decks with varying spreads, rules, and penetration.

Actual number: >800,000,000,0000

Kasi

FLASH1296 said:
I will trust a sim' if I do it or John Austin does it or Don Schlesinger does it.
I don't fully trust anyone's results if they have an ax to grind or are selling their own system.

Schlesinger never wrote any sim software.

Any chance, even though you'd trust a sim if you did it, that you have actually ever used one?

No big deal. Just wondering. No answer required if too personal or something.

blackchipjim

ok on reko,ko

We have had alot of threads on the ko and reko systems and one over the other and pros and cons. I use the ko system because it suits me for now I may change in the furture because it's less tedious to use one system for two games. My op is that it's so easy i do it without thinking and it fits my camo technique to a tee. I play my game having multi conversations all at once and still don't have to think about it with 100% accuracy which is the most important in any system you will use. blackchipjim

SD Padres

reKO is excellent for shoe games and I wouldn't let anyone convice you otherwise. It get's the money. However, IMO it's kinda weak for pitch games especially SD.