James Grosjean - Beyond Counting

Kaiser

I noticed this book a while ago while surfing around some BJ message boards. My jaw dropped when I read that it wasn't reprinted, so there are only 1000 or them out there, and routinely fetch $600-800 and up!

Is the book *that* good, or is more of a collector's item kind of thing?

There's someone selling one close to here for $300US, and as crazy as it sounds to me, that actually might be a good deal! It just seems mad to spend that much on a book...

Anyone here have this book?

Sonny

I was in the same place as you are a few years ago. The book made such a huge splash but then was almost immediately off the shelves. I didn't feel like paying several hundred dollars for a book either. Instead I just went to the UNLV library where you can read it for free. You can't make any photocopies so I brought my notebook and spent the afternoon skimming the pages.

It's definitely a good book, but I still wouldn’t pay $300 for it. I think this review sums it up pretty well:

http://www.lvrevealed.com/books/beyond_counting.html

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Sonny said:
I was in the same place as you are a few years ago. The book made such a huge splash but then was almost immediately off the shelves. I didn't feel like paying several hundred dollars for a book either. Instead I just went to the UNLV library where you can read it for free. You can't make any photocopies so I brought my notebook and spent the afternoon skimming the pages.

It's definitely a good book, but I still wouldn’t pay $300 for it. I think this review sums it up pretty well:

http://www.lvrevealed.com/books/beyond_counting.html

-Sonny-
notebook? :cool2: :devil: :whip: :eyepatch:

Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting

Does anyone know when "Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting" will be released? Also, is it a completely different book than "Beyond Counting"? Or, is it exactly the same as "Beyond Counting", just elaborating, improving, and adding certain topics?

kender

$100.02

haha, I am winning.

But seriously, I like the library/notebook idea. I just might have to try that. If I can locate a library that has it.

ScottH

kender said:
$100.02

haha, I am winning.

But seriously, I like the library/notebook idea. I just might have to try that. If I can locate a library that has it.
I'll top that by bidding 100.04! :)