Job Alias

What ideas do you guys have for a job alias?

I need a suggestion for a night shift job that I can tell people and I won't hear anyone say: "oh, I work there and I don't recognize you." or "Oh, do you know so and so that works there?"

Some sort of reclusive job, not super high pay, like maybe a security guard wouldn't be too bad, but again someone else might work with that company.

Any ideas?

Licentia

Day trader
inherited money
owner of a limo company? (make a ton but don’t have to know anybody... just say you own it and your manager does business)
your a bum with a gambling addiction and this is your life savings:joker:
Secret ageng of the cia. Just think no one would know because your a secret agent!:rolleyes:

Licentia said:
What ideas do you guys have for a job alias?

I need a suggestion for a night shift job that I can tell people and I won't hear anyone say: "oh, I work there and I don't recognize you." or "Oh, do you know so and so that works there?"

Some sort of reclusive job, not super high pay, like maybe a security guard wouldn't be too bad, but again someone else might work with that company.

Any ideas?

Licentia

Tell they you are a pimp.

Attachments

EasyRhino

la_dee_daa said:
consultant, importing, exporting, box manufacturer?
That's ridiculous, no one would ever believe that.

Now... an accountant for a box manufacturer... that might be believable.

edit: but for reals, if you don't want people grilling you, try for a job that no one would want you to talk to them about. Like sales. Or something boring. And then when they obviously have no interest in it, keep talking to them about it just to drive the point home that they really shouldn't have gotten into your business.

la_dee_daa

EasyRhino said:
That's ridiculous, no one would ever believe that.

Now... an accountant for a box manufacturer... that might be believable.

edit: but for reals, if you don't want people grilling you, try for a job that no one would want you to talk to them about. Like sales. Or something boring. And then when they obviously have no interest in it, keep talking to them about it just to drive the point home that they really shouldn't have gotten into your business.
il say im a japanese acrobat.:)

TENNBEAR

moo321 said:
But there's only a few UPS loading sites.
Yes I Know, They are large facilties with many employees. It should be a job that no one would question, preventing small talk, or questions you cannot answer.

shadroch

I have a friend who is a bit shy about his job. some people take it the wrong way. He's head of the shipping dept for a small fudge manufactorer.
Try telling people you are a repo man.

BJinNJ

Product taster...

at a dog food manufacturer.

Ticket taker at the movies or concert hall.

Light bulb changer for streetlights... a gov'ment job.

Short order cook on night shift.

Overnight stocker at food store.

BJinNJ

21forme

How often do you get interrogated?

I can only think of one instance in the last year or so when a dealer asked me what I do for a living, and it was more smalltalk than anything else, as I was playing heads up.