Just need a little help

Can someone explain the "Soft" term I keep hearing about, Or when someone says to the dealer hit me lightly/hard? Only have played a few times do those terms really make a difference in anything. Thanks for any help!

Semper Fi

LeonShuffle

A soft hand is any hand containing an Ace that can be counted as a 1 or 11 without busting the hand. An example would be A,7 which is considered a soft 18.

I was taught that a Marine was a Marine, a Soldier was in the Army, an Airman was in the Air Force, and a Sailor was in the Navy.

As a point of pride each one has in his/her respective service, it is usually best to attempt to not get them too worked up. As I went to school with a couple Marines, I know they are usually very particular about identifying their branch quite proudly and enthusiastically. Semper Fi!

:joker:

E-town-guy

Here in Canada the majority of people refer to our military simply as military or the army. Our military is about as underfunded or worse than your healthcare system ;) so we don't have all the fancy designations. But from what I've seen in the movies the marines are some of the best.