Kim Lee Chat

KimLee

Card Eating Strategy

Gramazeka said:
TT against a 6, ... Under classical calculation [the High-Low index is] 4.3.

By refraining from splitting you increase the number of hands dealt under current shuffle. ... By splitting you pull out 2 cards, about 6 cards are pulled out at 1 box, so you'll play 1/3 of a hand less.

EV is 2.8% under the TC of +5. So, the loss is 2.8/3=0.93%. If we consider it, the splitting index for TT against a 6 is abot 4.7.
The EV of splitting tens is very sensitive to the index. Wizard of Odds says the difference between standing and hitting is (.704-.468) = .24 at a truecount of zero. Professional Blackjack gives a difference of only .14. It is roughly zero at at truecount of +4. That is a change of roughly 3% per truecount. So a loss of 0.93% changes the index by only around .93/3 = .31. You got 4.7-4.3 = .4, so we are close.

If you want to see a bigger effect, consider a situation that is insensitive to the index, like splitting 2's vs. 2. In that case the change is EV from splitting is less than 1% per truecount, so you would change the index by more than a point.

WizardofOddsEV's

QFIT

KimLee said:
The EV of splitting tens is very sensitive to the index. Wizard of Odds says the difference between standing and hitting is (.704-.468) = .24 at a truecount of zero. Professional Blackjack gives a difference of only .14. It is roughly zero at at truecount of +4. That is a change of roughly 3% per truecount. So a loss of 0.93% changes the index by only around .93/3 = .31. You got 4.7-4.3 = .4, so we are close.

If you want to see a bigger effect, consider a situation that is insensitive to the index, like splitting 2's vs. 2. In that case the change is EV from splitting is less than 1% per truecount, so you would change the index by more than a point.

WizardofOddsEV's

Or, to put it in pictures:

Katweezel

creeping panther said:
You must like and respect The Honorable Kim Lee, he is not one to run from a fight, but actually appears to relish one. Mine and your kind of guy.:cool:

CP
Say what? CP... The Fight Club begins? :grin:

sagefr0g

chat

super, super chat!!!!

but darn it my battery died on me half way through :cry:

i missed Kim's chat on The Most Common Counting Mistake (Playing while losing) if that was discussed.
i'd greatly appreciate a synopsis on that either here or in a PM, if possible.:cool2:

Sage,

sagefr0g said:
super, super chat!!!!

but darn it my battery died on me half way through :cry:

i missed Kim's chat on The Most Common Counting Mistake (Playing while losing) if that was discussed.
i'd greatly appreciate a synopsis on that either here or in a PM, if possible.:cool2:
Wise Won,

Great topic for the BASH!!!:):grin::cool:

Friend,
CP

sagefr0g said:
How can we avoid "playing when losing?" z:confused:g

Ps - Sorry I missed the chat. How bad was it without a mod?

sagefr0g

zengrifter said:
How can we avoid "playing when losing?" z:confused:g

Ps - Sorry I missed the chat. How bad was it without a mod?
as i understand it, from info i was given regarding Kim's take on it in the chat, it's a psychological aspect (Your mental discipline breaks down while losing. You think you have license to spread too much and play longer. That's when you make bad decisions and get barred) with respect to the playing when losing.

worked fine without a mod.
the Stealthy Won stepped up to the plate when a few innocent missteps were needed to be dealt with.

Katweezel

sagefr0g said:
as i understand it, from info i was given regarding Kim's take on it in the chat, it's a psychological aspect (Your mental discipline breaks down while losing. You think you have license to spread too much and play longer. That's when you make bad decisions and get barred) with respect to the playing when losing.

worked fine without a mod.
the Stealthy Won stepped up to the plate when a few innocent missteps were needed to be dealt with.
Yes. One individual at one point was tending to dominate with his particular relatively obscure paint agenda and CP quickly corrected the situation so well that the miscreant immediately realized his sin, and responded with: 'My bad.' CP obviously has mod talent of the highest order. ;)

Kat

Katweezel said:
Yes. One individual at one point was tending to dominate with his particular relatively obscure paint agenda and CP quickly corrected the situation so well that the miscreant immediately realized his sin, and responded with: 'My bad.' CP obviously has mod talent of the highest order. ;)
Well thank you my "Brother,,,from another Mother"

O Ya,,,meet your other Brother....Sage:grin::grin:

:toast:

CP

Syph

Ah yes, that was me.

And it was in bad form to discuss tracking, particularly when that is not Kim Lee's specialty. He has so much to offer in so many areas, going off on the fringes would only benefit a few who are already out there.

Truth be told, Arnold doesn't really approve of my approach either.

Anyway, I simply wanted to swing by and thank whoever is responsible for organizing the chat. In the past, there has been a fair amount of conflict within the internet BJ community. Most of this is BS. I don't think I've ever met a professional advantage player who wasn't a great person.

Even Stalker (who once threatened to sock me in the face if he ever caught me playing a one card, 3CP game).

Actually, Stalker is one of my favorites.

Best,
Syph

(who still plays one card, 3CP games ... but only when Stalker isn't around)