Looking for a betting strategy simulator

johndoe

garygo said:
1) If what Sonny said is true, then you are in the wrong section, I am afraid. This has invalidated all your statements, as they are irrelevant to the posts here. They are relevant in sections like Card Counting. :)
Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension. Contrary to your claim, this area isn't exclusive to "gamblers", but, per Sonny, it's not exclusive to "AP's" either.

2) "...claims that progression (betting) systems are profitable."

When and where did I claim it? My only comment to this assumption is 'creative' - creating something out of nothing. ;)
Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension, or you're deliberately distorting what I said. Go re-read it. There are plenty of people who arrive on this board spreading misinformation about nonsensical betting strategies, and from your comments, it was a pretty safe assumption that you are/were one of them.

'Saving dignity' only applies to people who realize they've made a mistake, just like you ("I stand corrected"). :laugh:
Having dignity also means you're big enough to admit when you've erred; it was my impression that this whole forum was focused on AP's, and apparently that was incorrect. Sort of unfortunate, really, but hey, it's not my website.

But it is even MORE unreasonable to assume I was playing for real money (even before I have tried out any betting system simulators and arrived at a conclusion). Again, a 'reading comprehension' thing.
Nonsense - how many other people here play, or develop simulations, without ever intending to bet with real money? Essentially zero. It was only after people ridiculed your question that you claimed that you wouldn't be playing with real money.

Yes if there is nothing like that available anywhere, I will get someone to write it for my own pleasure. Still unhappy?
Actually I was never unhappy, don't give yourself too much credit.

garygo

Haha. Looks like it's going to be a serious debate. Ok I'll do you a favour just to make you even happier, considering you treat this topic with great solemnness and earnestness. :cool:

johndoe said:
Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension. Contrary to your claim, this area isn't exclusive to "gamblers", but, per Sonny, it's not exclusive to "AP's" either.
Please read Sonny's comment again (Quote: "Actually, the General section is for gamblers. We have separate sections for card counters, other APs, other games and even voodoo players. The General section is for folks who play for fun, like garygo.") and be really careful this time, trying to recall what you learnt from your high school education in reading, logic and so on. I am sure you will want to seriously improve your reading comprehension or you will be cheating on yourself for that "little dignity". :)

johndoe said:
Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension, or you're deliberately distorting what I said. Go re-read it. There are plenty of people who arrive on this board spreading misinformation about nonsensical betting strategies, and from your comments, it was a pretty safe assumption that you are/were one of them.
Asking for a betting strategy simulator for self pleasure = spreading misinformation? And "a pretty safe assumption"? What on earth did I say about the merits of betting systems? Did I say anything about it except for "how I can get that little sim"?

It can be safely said that you are either deliberately distorting people's intention by jumping into a quick judgment, or simply being consistent in your poor reading capacity. ;)

johndoe said:
Having dignity also means you're big enough to admit when you've erred; it was my impression that this whole forum was focused on AP's, and apparently that was incorrect. Sort of unfortunate, really, but hey, it's not my website.
When you "ridiculed" me by saying "a way to save a little dignity", did you mean to say that I was "big enough to admit when I've erred"? If that's not your intention, why saving dignity is only good for you (makes you big), but bad for others? Are you smelling something hypocritical here again? :)

It seems that you are really proud of the title of AP and attach great value to it. I also feel unfortunate for you to bother to speak to a non-AP, an ordinary player who is only curious to know more about BJ. But I do feel fortunate for the vast forum audience that you are not running this site, because if you were, there would have been no chance for it to become this popular. ;)

johndoe said:
Nonsense - how many other people here play, or develop simulations, without ever intending to bet with real money? Essentially zero. It was only after people ridiculed your question that you claimed that you wouldn't be playing with real money.
I like the way you put the word "nonsense" before your argument. Maybe I will copy this writing style to improve mine. :laugh:

I dont think it will ever be possible to convince a person who is both AP (advantage player) and DR (disavantage reader) to believe people can simply play anything (incl a sim) just for fun. Any solid evidence to prove your claim that I want a betting strategy simulator JUST BECAUSE I will play for real money using a betting system? If no solid evidence, is it just one of your fantasies?

Ok now let's assume you happen to be correct (to allow you another chance), what made you believe that I would definitely play for real money using a betting system, even before I get the testing results from a sim or after the simulator proves that I don't stand a chance?

johndoe said:
Actually I was never unhappy, don't give yourself too much credit.
I hope this reply will make you a little happier and meanwhile, help you aviod saying "I stand corrected" once again - or more. :grin:

johndoe

I agree, I just went to take a look at his other posts, and they're overwhelmingly argumentative and ignorant. Clearly he's here mostly to argue and drum up drama.

Sorry for wasting space engaging him, I'm done with it.

garygo

sabre said:
Please stop feeding the trolls ...
Sabre, here you go again! :)

Before you lable and criticize someone as a troll, go check your own comments and tell me if they are acceptable, will you?

I have said enough about you previously. Still want more? :laugh:

garygo

johndoe said:
I agree, I just went to take a look at his other posts, and they're overwhelmingly argumentative and ignorant. Clearly he's here mostly to argue and drum up drama.

Sorry for wasting space engaging him, I'm done with it.
See, you "stand corrected" again! :laugh:

Exactly like I commented previously, it is always a shortcut to lable someone as a troll or make simplistic remarks like "argumentative and ignorant", when you find it very difficult, if not impossible, to prevail in the specific arguments.

After all, I came here to ask for suggestions about "a betting strategy simulator" and never commented on the merits of any betting system. Isn't it you, Mr. johnoe, who made it a big deal and "drummed up drama"? ;)

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a reminder needs to be posted from the Guidelines:
Be nice. While intelligent people can and will disagree, make an extra effort to be civil.
Reminder to who? Your pick. Read your posts and decide if you should make an extra effort next time.

garygo

QFIT said:
Again, save your money. For a free Blackjack progression system simulator, see www.qfit.com/blackjack-progression-tester.htm.
Haha, thank you for this sincere answer. The Blackjack game you created exclusively for me on that page is impressive, and I truly appreciate it. Just one suggestion: you'd better give credit to me in the introduction part which I deserve. ;)

Also, it seems you are the man behind CVCX and other BJ software. So congratulations on your first BJ progression evaluator! Yes it is good to have a versatile product range. :)

Anyway, I had fun and I hope you too. :grin:

QFIT

garygo said:
Haha, thank you for this sincere answer. The Blackjack game you created exclusively for me on that page is impressive, and I truly appreciate it. Just one suggestion: you'd better give credit to me in the introduction part which I deserve. ;)

Also, it seems you are the man behind CVCX and other BJ software. So congratulations on your first BJ progression evaluator! Yes it is good to have a versatile product range. :)

Anyway, I had fun and I hope you too. :grin:
Yes I am. And you will note that I did not mention my software. I have long refused to sell my software to people that wish to test progression systems. Many people over the years have told me that I could open a whole new market by advertising that my software handles progressions. My reply is always the same. I would consider this fraud. I will not sell something that I know to be useless.

garygo

QFIT said:
Yes I am. And you will note that I did not mention my software. I have long refused to sell my software to people that wish to test progression systems. Many people over the years have told me that I could open a whole new market by advertising that my software handles progressions. My reply is always the same. I would consider this fraud. I will not sell something that I know to be useless.
Mr. QFIT -

First all I would like to applaud your business ethics - believe mine is a sincere one, unlike yours. :laugh:

Second of all, thank you for your years' contributions to the BJ world. I guess a lot of APs here have greatly benefited from your software. Thumbs-up! Again, sincerely. :)

Last but not least, you are wrong in your key statement.

By designing a genuine progression evaluator (not a fake one:), you give people a chance to see for themselves if any of those betting strategies works, which is far more convincing than Mr. johndoe's "roundly ridiculing". You are not supporting any progressions - you are only allowing people to decide on their own by assisting in the process. (Just like I am looking for a betting simulator DOES NOT mean I trust and advocate any betting strategy)

Here is a good idea for you: add a real section for "Progression Evaluation" on your website and put a real betting simulator there, along with other "useful" simulations. Let people test it and draw their own conclusion. It is not only fun, but also informative. To prove no progression is useful is USEFUL.

Remember my post regarding "Bodog BJ Cheating"? It shows truth does not fear debating or doubting. Either it is proved to be true or false, it is valuable. Same thing to the seemingly "unuseful" progression simulator, which might reinforce the legitimacy of other sections and products of your site, while injecting a little fun element into it.

And... yes you guessed it! All I said is ultimately for my personal interest - give me that little sim! hahahaha! :grin:

Sonny

garygo said:
By designing a genuine progression evaluator you give people a chance to see for themselves if any of those betting strategies works...
Or they could just read a book, or any of the articles I linked to in the Voodoo forum, or do a Google search, or use a little common sense. As a worst case scenario they might actually learn how to properly analyze a system on their own. It seems like anyone serious about becoming a winning player would be willing to put in the minimum amount of effort required to understand how to play the game.

garygo said:
Remember my post regarding "Bodog BJ Cheating"?
I remember that thread. It was where you incorrectly concluded that Bodog was cheating because you didn’t know how to analyze the results properly. Now do you understand why Qfit doesn’t write simulators for progression players?

-Sonny-

garygo

Sonny said:
Or they could just read a book, or any of the articles I linked to in the Voodoo forum, or do a Google search, or use a little common sense. As a worst case scenario they might actually learn how to properly analyze a system on their own. It seems like anyone serious about becoming a winning player would be willing to put in the minimum amount of effort required to understand how to play the game.

I remember that thread. It was where you incorrectly concluded that Bodog was cheating because you didn’t know how to analyze the results properly. Now do you understand why Qfit doesn’t write simulators for progression players?

-Sonny-
Sonny -

Thanks for your sincere comment.

Again, the reading comprehension & reasoning issue happens here.:cool:

1) Yes there are many ways to become an AP with knowledge of all betting merits - including having a progression simulator which I recommended (especially for beginners). I am not negating any other learing curves by claiming the Progression Simulator is the only solution, rather, I said it is a useful and fun addition - sometimes it can be more vivid and exciting than reading a book.

By saying "or...(+ many learning ways)", are you suggesting my recommendation of such a sim is one of those options? Can my "minimum amount of effort" also be open for such a method, among all others? :)

2) As for Bodog, I have my reason to be suspicious (explained in details in my previous posts so don't want to waste time repeating it here). If you can provide solid analysis and evidence to show Bodog BJ was honest, then I will be convinced and "stand corrected" like Mr. johndoe, as a big guy will do ;). It is not productive to simply say something like "you are incorrect" or "you don't know how to". If you know "how to", then take some time to give them a thorough test.

Like I said, either way it was a great contribution to this forum and a good read for the general audiences. All coins have two sides and try not to focus on the negative one. :)

3)
Sonny said:
Now do you understand why Qfit doesn’t write simulators for progression players?
This question is irrelevant as I've clearly stated QFIT was wrong in NOT providing such a simulator, because it is USEFUL to both his website and general users. Everyone understands why QFIT has not done so, however, unfortunately he is wrong - of course you too (re-read my opinions carefully to understand why I've said so). :grin:

I know you have been sarcastic, but be relevant and to the point when you are using this technique.