Lottery winners win again

Brutus

MADISON, Wis. — A woman and her husband, who claims he's developed a formula for lottery picks, have each claimed $350,000 jackpots.
Twice.
Verlyn and Judith Adamson claimed two $350,000 jackpots on Monday because each held a winning ticket in the state SuperCash drawing last Saturday. They didn't mention at the time that they also held two more of the winning tickets.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26350662/

Brutus

I bought a lottery ticket yesterday. I felt lucky after a set of my keys got returned to customer service at the local grocery store. oh and, the gal behind the counter was a real cutie. that had something to do with it.

Has Couple Found Formula To Win Lottery?

Has Couple Found Formula To Win Lottery?
Husband, Wife Have Each Claimed $350,000 Check This Week

POSTED: 9:16 am EDT August 22, 2008
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT August 22, 2008

MADISON, Wis. -- A double-lottery-winning couple in Dane County doubled their winnings again.

Verlyn and Judith Adamson of Mount Horeb each claimed a $350,000 jackpot this week for having the winning numbers in the state SuperCash drawing last Saturday.

But they didn't mention at the time that they also held two more of the winning tickets

http://www.wnbc.com/money/17263616/detail.html (Archive copy)

aslan

21forme said:
Maybe, or maybe they have found a clue as to how the state generates their random numbers. If so, they might be able to duplicate the process. Wouldn't that be a hoot. People use computers without knowing exactly how they do the things they do, such as random number generation. If this were true, would the winners have to return their prize money?

aslan

Maybe they have found a clue as to how the state generates their random numbers. If so, they might be able to duplicate the process. Wouldn't that be a hoot. People use computers without knowing exactly how they do the things they do, such as random number generation. If this were true, would the winners have to return their prize money?

toastblows

aslan said:
Maybe they have found a clue as to how the state generates their random numbers. If so, they might be able to duplicate the process. Wouldn't that be a hoot. People use computers without knowing exactly how they do the things they do, such as random number generation. If this were true, would the winners have to return their prize money?

Since lotteries use air machines with ping pong balls of all same weight to pick numbers, how could you possibly stumble on a random number generator. :confused:

callipygian

toastblows said:
Since lotteries use air machines with ping pong balls of all same weight to pick numbers, how could you possibly stumble on a random number generator. :confused:
I'm pretty sure that's just the multistate jackpots that get televised. If they don't televise the drawing, I'd bet they just use a computer.