Officially Over

At least you lost your money on the tables. I was at a funeral last summer when my house got broken into. I came back home to find my hidden safety deposit box was cracked open and 40 one hundred dollar bills were missing. That was the biggest hit my bankroll has ever seen!

shadroch

bondon said:
At least you lost your money on the tables. I was at a funeral last summer when my house got broken into. I came back home to find my hidden safety deposit box was cracked open and 40 one hundred dollar bills were missing. That was the biggest hit my bankroll has ever seen!

Next time choose better friends.

EasyRhino

SPX said:
I really don't know why everyone is being so hard on this guy. He's acknowledged that he was overbetting.
You see, not only was he overbetting, but I suspect that he was also playing a losing game from the get-go. Which is even worse.

And you know, you could get all freudian about why people are jumping all over WV more than you'd expect, something about how the sight of a card counter imploding exposes fears that we all have in our subconscious... or maybe just because it's fun.

Unshake

EasyRhino said:
I suspect that he was also playing a losing game from the get-go. Which is even worse.
After reading his other posts, it sounds like he was playing with a disadvantage (1-2 spread play all or mostly all 6 deck). I don't know why it is surprising to lose when you are playing with a disadvantage.

bluewhale

Automatic Monkey said:
No, there is no thrill in the bet. That's why we gravitate towards games with late surrender; the ability to pull half a bet back and not take a chance does wonders for our win rate. Being an AP who gets a thrill from betting is like being a gynecologist who gets a thrill from seeing a girl's pussy. If you still get turned on by this, you can easily get distracted from what you're supposed to be doing and it's going to get you in trouble.

It's possible for an AP to have a gambling problem, but not when playing BJ. If you go into that mode when playing BJ you'll never make a profit.
AM, although i love the analogy :laugh:, you are wrong. i love gambling, i get a thrill of pushing out big bets, when i'm circling the pit after an hour of backcounting and not placing a bet i get antsy. these are all clear signs of addiction. but i never place a wrong bet (possible errors aside). i am not attached to the results at all and am always thinking of what i should be doing next.

why can't someone who loves what they do and do it well?

EasyRhino

Yep, pushing out the big bets can be a little bit exciting here too. I'm working hard on deadening myself to it, but I'm probably only halfway there. After all... it's kind of a lot of money.