Percentage of hands won counting

Ace007

I was just wondering if anyone had any statistics of what percentage of hands a player should be winning with counting. Currently I use a level one count and am winning roughly 41-44% of hands. I do simulations and I usually do fall in this range as well so I'm assuming I'm within the predicted range. I find that most of the times I win is due to betting correlation at higher counts. I mainly use Kiss III count., but I also play with KO. I am trying to perfect my Mentor count before using it in live play. Thanks in advance to everyone's reply. I've found this site extremely interesting and useful!

A close look at the link shows pushes grow dramatically as the count becomes more positive. The losses decrease at the same time. Until you change how the hands are played the AP and BS player have the same win/loss ratio. This is were PE starts to win you even more hands. A count with high PE and a couple side counts with playing adjustments for appropriate hand match ups should move the percentages some. I bet someone here has that stat.

jack.jackson

tthree said:
A close look at the link shows pushes grow dramatically as the count becomes more positive. The losses decrease at the same time. Until you change how the hands are played the AP and BS player have the same win/loss ratio. This is were PE starts to win you even more hands. A count with high PE and a couple side counts with playing adjustments for appropriate hand match ups should move the percentages some. I bet someone here has that stat.
I dont think that chart from QFIT, takes into account, PE and indices does it? Would be curious myself to see a comparison against a 2D with Ho2 full indices

Ace007

would it really make a huge difference if certain techniques such as hole carding, shuffle tracking, Ace steering, etc are added?? would it make the percentage of hands won greater than the proposed 43% over the long term with straight counting? it seems like this would be more hassle and chance for error than just keeping the count and playing with indices based on the count. i have enough trouble doing that as it is! lol! personally i don't see the benefit in adding techniques such as these, but I also don't have a lot of live play experience. I'm willing to put in the effort if it's worth it though.

Sonny

Ace007 said:
would it really make a huge difference if certain techniques such as hole carding, shuffle tracking, Ace steering, etc are added?? would it make the percentage of hands won greater than the proposed 43% over the long term with straight counting?
It depends on how you implement those techniques, but as a general answer, yes, no, no.

-Sonny-

Ace007

i know i'm not there. that's why I'm asking questions on here. hopefully i will be there some day, but bj for me is more of a curiousity and a new past time... like a new girlfriend! lol.. seems like both are taking my money so far! lol! thus far i have logged in almost 29 hours of live play and am down 50 units ytd with a 42% wins of sessions played. i hope to continue to learn from everyone's posts. thanks for all your answers!

aslan

So hands won increases and hands lost decreases as count goes positive, and hands won actually goes higher than hands lost. At the same time, hands pushed increases as count goes positive. Now, I wonder if splits, double downs and naturals increase as the count goes positive, too, or is the only difference that more money is bet at times when more hands are won?

sagefr0g

aslan said:
So hands won increases and hands lost decreases as count goes positive, and hands won actually goes higher than hands lost. At the same time, hands pushed increases as count goes positive. Now, I wonder if splits, double downs and naturals increase as the count goes positive, too, or is the only difference that more money is bet at times when more hands are won?
this link should shed some light on that, errrhh i guess especially with index plays in mind:http://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount6.htm
.....but anyway snappers, double downs, insurance and being able to split is how the money won really accumulates, wins on regular hands, not nearly so much.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
this link should shed some light on that, errrhh i guess especially with index plays in mind:http://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount6.htm
.....but anyway snappers, double downs, insurance and being able to split is how the money won really accumulates, wins on regular hands, not nearly so much.
Thanks, just as I suspected. Naturals and insurance, of course are intuitive. But those pesky A/7, A/6, A/5, A/4. A/3, and A/2 double downs I have found are often big losers in positive counts. I don't know the indexes for avoiding them, but I imagine they are generally good bets, but not very good.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
Thanks, just as I suspected. Naturals and insurance, of course are intuitive. But those pesky A/7, A/6, A/5, A/4. A/3, and A/2 double downs I have found are often big losers in positive counts. I don't know the indexes for avoiding them, but I imagine they are generally good bets, but not very good.
i think you have cvbj, well anyway if you check the statistics tables under the history tab, you'll get a table as the image below....
what you'll find after a bit of play is that you are quite right, the soft doubles don't contribute to your accumulated money won, nearly as much as the hard doubles.

Attachments