Perks of card counting

Walking away a winner a lot more than a loser is the obvious answer, but theres a few other psychological perks I get from being a card counter.

My play gets called into question all the time. On a particular visit, I'd been making great calls on Insurance all nite long. A guy bought in when the deck was very 10 rich, and the dealer had an Ace as his up card. Of course I took insurance, and i happened to lose. The newly bought in "Basic Strategy expert" was quick to scold me about how you never take insurance.

A couple of people I was at a table with kept mentioning how they were losing their tails. I wanted to say, of course you are!...You're making huge bets when the count is bad.

One of my favorite things to do is to hit hard stiff hands when the count is extremely negative. I remember sitting on 3rd base with a hard 13 against the dealers 6. The running count was -14 through approx. 4 decks.
There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that if i stood, the dealer would make a hand.....so i hit, pulled an Ace. Upon seeing this, 1st base stood up as if he went "All in" at hold em and I caught a strange look from the dealer too. I hit again pulling a 6, made my 20 and actually ended up saving the table as the dealer busted.

Everyone commented on how I was damn lucky that happened. Of course I would've loved nothing more than to have said, that it wasn't matter of luck. But ya have to make a puzzled look and say..."Oh, was I supposed to stand?"

Of course that doesn't happen every time, and I catch hell when it doesn't. But I know in situations such as those, my odds are better to hit. And I absolutely love it when it does work.

Card counting

Those types of plays opened my eyes to the value of card counting. It feels good to pull the advantage away from the dealer and the Basic players and winning with stiff hands when the count is negative. I use the Hi Opt I. I'm still learning the value of card counting.

Canceler

Another thing that's fun

I love it when people get frustrated by all the low cards that have been coming out, and decide to sit out the rest of the shoe while the count is sky high. Bless their hearts!