Playing under the influence?

Automatic Monkey said:
I confess to having taken a yellow zinger (ephedra+caffeine) before a long session. The label recommends 3 a day. I take one, and it will be no less than 20 hours before I can sleep. 3 in a day and I'd be in the hospital. Monkeys & drugs is not a good combination.
The (ephedra+caffeine) is fairly strong, but more dangerous and not as pleasant as amphetamine.
Modafinil is one of a new class of "alertness" drugs that are safer than amphetamine. zg

metronome

Automatic Monkey said:
No, the active ingredient in all marijuana is THC and the difference between products is the quantity of THC you absorb from it. If you are getting a qualitatively different high from different products that can't be adjusted by using more or less, that means you are getting some adulterants. You wouldn't believe some of the things that are added to marijuana, out of ignorance or idiocy.
AM, at least they don't add Paraquat anymore....I hope.
collegebj, I was gonna get all preachy and stuff but hey, you're still young, you realize it was probably not a wise BJ move.
Ya gotta live and learn from your own experiences. It's like death, it's somethin' we all get to do.
Party On Young Man....and be careful. :cool:

Automatic Monkey said:
No, the active ingredient in all marijuana is THC and the difference between products is the quantity of THC you absorb from it. If you are getting a qualitatively different high from different products that can't be adjusted by using more or less, that means you are getting some adulterants. You wouldn't believe some of the things that are added to marijuana, out of ignorance or idiocy.
No, actually. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of 'cannabinoids' other than THC
in the various strains that create for different synergisms of related effects. zg

Last edited:

metronome

zengrifter said:
The (ephedra+caffeine) is fairly strong, but more dangerous and not as pleasant as amphetamine.
Modafinil is one of a new class of "alertness" drugs that are safer than amphetamine. zg
Zen, I was going to warn AM of the dangers of ephedra/caffeine OTC.
Esp. if there is an undiagnosed heart condition.
And what an absolutely miserable "high".

metronome said:
AM, at least they don't add Paraquat anymore....I hope.
collegebj, I was gonna get all preachy and stuff but hey, you're still young, you realize it was probably not a wise BJ move.
Ya gotta live and learn from your own experiences. It's like death, it's somethin' we all get to do.
Party On Young Man....and be careful. :cool:
Modafinil is what preludin was promised to be but didn't deliver - increased alertness without the euphoric
dopamine release and related habituation and depletion of brain-fuel adrenaline (norepinephrine) zg

metronome said:
Zen, I was going to warn AM of the dangers of ephedra/caffeine OTC.
Esp. if there is an undiagnosed heart condition.
And what an absolutely miserable "high".
What makes ephedra and ephedrine dangerous, as compared to say meth-
amphetamine, is the extremely more pronounced blood-pressure spike. zg

Southpaw said:
collegebj:

PM me, my friend.

SP
Yea i was hoping i would meet some people on here from around here i could discuss stuff with. ill pm you when i get too ten, soon im sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southpaw

21gunsalute said:
Southpaw, you may want to edit your post. A bit too much info methinks.
Since bjcollege has already seen my post I will edit it, not because I'm worried that the house is going to "get me," but out of respect for fellow AP's from this great state, particularly those my age.

SP

Alright sounds good. I doubt they could or would really waste there time on this website trying to figure out who everyone here is. But maybe. But if anyone else from around the great lakes is around shoot me a pm aswell.

Southpaw

collegebj said:
Alright sounds good. I doubt they could or would really waste there time on this website trying to figure out who everyone here is. But maybe. But if anyone else from around the great lakes is around shoot me a pm aswell.
I have heard a story about this from a tablemate of mine. Story goes that my friend frequented a store, and on one particular occasion wrote a story about the trip on the forum. Next visit to the store, a PC sat down beside him at the table to play. After a few hands, the PC says,"you writes good stories." He was subsequently threatened (not just with a trespassing) with what would happen if he ever returned to play at that store.

SP

mathman

Southpaw said:
I have heard a story about this from a tablemate of mine. Story goes that my friend frequented a store, and on one particular occasion wrote a story about the trip on the forum. Next visit to the store, a PC sat down beside him at the table to play. After a few hands, the PC says,"you writes good stories." He was subsequently threatened (not just with a trespassing) with what would happen if he ever returned to play at that store.

SP
I agree with this thought. In my opinion this site has a collection of the most talented practitioners in the country. That being said everybody that's anybody comes to this site. Discretion is highly recommended when discussing issues relating to your identity or when and where you are playing. College you are lucky to have made your way here. On this site you are surrounded by the best players and privalged to a lot of information that many of us had to learn the hard way....JtMM:cool:

paddywhack

collegebj said:
Never underestimate the power of the internet my young friends.

It is wonderful to share ideas and stories with other AP's. It's also a great place for surveillance and PC's to gather information.

Good stories, posted too soon after the event, if fairly memorable, could prove to be a VERY COSTLY mistake.

A word to the wise, always err on the side of caution and discretion when posting about an event. You just never know who might be checking us out.

paddywhack said:
Never underestimate the power of the internet my young friends.

It is wonderful to share ideas and stories with other AP's. It's also a great place for surveillance and PC's to gather information.

Good stories, posted too soon after the event, if fairly memorable, could prove to be a VERY COSTLY mistake.

A word to the wise, always err on the side of caution and discretion when posting about an event. You just never know who might be checking us out.
And not to mention, due to the specific subject matter of this thread, it could be considered reasonable suspicion for a pat-down, entering your hotel room, or inspecting your car for evidence of illicit substances.

Getting busted for AP is unpleasant enough, you don't need to compound it with any other kind of bust. In my opinion, any conversation about controlled substances should be held privately.

paddywhack

Automatic Monkey said:
And not to mention, due to the specific subject matter of this thread, it could be considered reasonable suspicion for a pat-down, entering your hotel room, or inspecting your car for evidence of illicit substances.

Getting busted for AP is unpleasant enough, you don't need to compound it with any other kind of bust. In my opinion, any conversation about controlled substances should be held privately.
That's one SMART Monkey.....

Southpaw said:
I have heard a story about this from a tablemate of mine. Story goes that my friend frequented a store, and on one particular occasion wrote a story about the trip on the forum. Next visit to the store, a PC sat down beside him at the table to play. After a few hands, the PC says,"you writes good stories."
It happened to Barfarkel a couple of times when he got sloppy. zg

darco77

Automatic Monkey said:
I confess to having taken a yellow zinger (ephedra+caffeine) before a long session. The label recommends 3 a day. I take one, and it will be no less than 20 hours before I can sleep. 3 in a day and I'd be in the hospital. Monkeys & drugs is not a good combination.
I once took two of those in one day, and indeed, ended up in the hospital. And that was back at the ripe old age of 23. Scary sh!t, indeed.