rounding question follow up

Say I had 3.5 decks remaining could I just say I have 4 decks remaining. I know I wouldnt be reaching my full potential but that way its more of a cautious play. How much of an advantage would I get doing this?

Also how does the expected profit compare in these two situations: Situation 1: Playing BS but increasing/decreasing bets according to the count. Situation 2: flat betting while counting and only playing in situations where the deck is in your favor. Also using index numbers.

Last edited:

E-town-guy

You can say you have 4 decks remaining instead of 3.5. When there are less then 2 decks remaining you should start looking at half or quarter decks remaining depending on how good you are a TC conversion.

Sonny

andrew999 said:
Also how does the expected profit compare in these two situations: Situation 1: Playing BS but increasing/decreasing bets according to the count. Situation 2: flat betting while counting and only playing in situations where the deck is in your favor. Also using index numbers.
It all depends on the bet spread of the first situation (I assume that both players are taking insurance properly). Flat betting will reduce your win rate quite a bit so you would need a large unit size to make any money (no jokes please :D ). That will be difficult since you are only making max bets all the time which gives you a high RoR.

-Sonny-