Safe way to bet by yourself?

What is the safest way to increase your bet when you're counting, but playing by yourself? What is the max you can usually increase your bet without drawing attention to yourself? Thanks.

Canceler

Okay, if nobody else is going to answer this, I'll take a shot at it. Not that I know that much about heads up play. Where I play it's too crowded for that situation to last very long. Anyway, I think you should raise your bet with discretion, playing alone or not.

You could go with the idea of only increasing your bet with chips that are already in the betting circle, which means you only increase your bet after a win. Which seems natural, which is what you are shooting for. Whether you increase by one chip from your winnings, or all of them, would be dictated by the count.

Having said that, if you're playing red to low green, I'm not sure anyone cares. The worst thing I ever did was lose $5 on one hand and then bet $20 on the next hand. Nobody cared.

Last edited:
the only time that the pit bosses will really nodice is when you are betting barely anything, then jump to the max bet for one or two bets, then go back down to barely anything.