Seat Position

Is there a seat position that is usually better for playing? Would sitting in the last seat be better than sitting in the middle or the first seat? or vice versa? Thx.

Mikeaber

Seating Position

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. I do prefer one of the ends but that's only because I will have no one on one side of me....less crowded. As far as the cards, you'll see just as many no matter where you sit except for the last hand of a shoe so while there is a minor advantage to sitting on the left side of the table, it's a very minor advantage. Third base can get a bit heated from folks who get upset at you for taking a card that would have busted the dealer...doesn't matter that it was a Basic Strategy play. So if it bothers you having folks upset at you, then you might not want third base :laugh:

Hi BLB078,

I play about 200 days a year. Like Mike A., I prefer an end seat for the extra space, and usually play 1st base. The problem I have with 3rd base isn't the heat from hitting my 12 into dealer's 2 or 3, I can explain that to any doubters. My concern is when I double down on 11 or split aces, for example, and someone upstream from me decides to double down on their hard 12. Or they don't hit a 16....ever! By playing first base I get my shot in first. It really makes no difference but it does make me feel a little safer.

Kingfish

thanks for the info. i didn't think in reality there was a difference, i guess it's more personal preference than anything, but i just wanted to make sure.