thats a good q for the poll

perhap one month=what is the largest hand you have
played before spit/db etc.

I recently saw a friend split a pair of tens twice
then doubled on the ace(softbj) then doubled on the a/8
then doubled again with (softbj) and a stiff
dealer busted..quite a site.

my favorite

goes something like this, although the cards are probably not exactly in the correct order.

Earlier this year my wife, brother and his wife were in Vegas. We were at Caesar's to see the Celine Dione show and got there a bit early (we were staying in the MGM). My brother and his wife wanted to hit the slots. My wife was going that way but walked with me thru the BJ pit where I was going to play. Only open table was a $100 min DD game. Told my wife "well, looks like no BJ games for me, tables are full." She said "that table has open spots" jokingly. I promptly sat down. My wife at my right side holding on to my right bicep. Bought in for $1000, which was really what I would call my "daily max bankroll" or all the money I could lose in one day and still play the rest of the week. Plopped down one black. Got 2 sevens, dealer had a 6 up. Split the 7's. Another black chip down. Noticed a bit of a constriction on my right arm. :) First 7 got a 4. Doubled, another black down, and got a 10. 21. OK so far. Next 7 gets another 7. split. Another black. Constriction on right arm gets tighter. Get a 2 on second 7. Double and get another 2. Second hand total=11, not good.

Summary so far. $200 on a 21, $200 on a 11, one more seven left. Got another 7 and split to the 4th hand. 3rd hand gets a 4. Double and get a 7 for total of 18. $700 on table, circulation nearly gone in right arm. On to final hand which can't be split again. Got a third 4 for 11, double for the 4th time, got an A for the trouble.

Four hands, $200 per hand. totals of 21, 11, 18 and 12. Dealer has 6 up. Flips hole card, its a 5. Circulation totally gone in right arm, excruciating pain as if there was a stainless steel band clamped around it. Asked wife "please let go or my arm is going to fall off..." First card to dealer is an A. Second is a 10. Wife shouts "color up, we have a show to see (even though it was an hour+ away).

Could have nearly wiped me out for the day, instead nearly doubled my daily bankroll in one hand. :)

My wife started my original nickname "gorilla player" at that point because as we walked away, she said "you play like a gorilla, no regard to money." I said "there's no other way to play the game and win." :)

That's one of only two times I have ever sat at a black-chip only table. Not all sessions of 1 hand go quite that well...