Sharp bosses

moo321

There's a counter on day shift at the spaniard. A little over six feet, dark hair combed back. Hispanic or Italian. Don't mess with him.

Also an Ann-Coulter-looking boss at the Grand on swing. Long blonde hair, name started with a C. Very sharp, stay away.

Dyepaintball12

moo321 said:
There's a counter on day shift at the spaniard. A little over six feet, dark hair combed back. Hispanic or Italian. Don't mess with him.

Also an Ann-Coulter-looking boss at the Grand on swing. Long blonde hair, name started with a C. Very sharp, stay away.
Also, the new MGM property is sharp.

Moo

moo321 said:

That guy with the dark hair is Italiano, from Motown, and we used to play together years ago,,,I always thought he was "connected".

CP

He is not the only one that can count. I have a lot of information on the Pit crew for the spaniard. PM if you want some good info. I wish i had the info that i have no before i got backed off.

badclover said:
He is not the only one that can count. I have a lot of information on the Pit crew for the spaniard. PM if you want some good info. I wish i had the info that i have no before i got backed off.
They all can count. Getting backed off for counting at the EC is a tradition, almost a rite of passage.

Ninjas... dropping from the ceiling... don't believe me? Throw a black out with a high count there and see what happens, lol. Seriously, most of the PCs there have a GOOD understanding of the game. Playing the side bets can help a little, but longevity there is definitely not recommended. Get in, get out, go to Hogs and Heifers and watch the girls dance on the bar for a bit, then hit the Nugget up for a while. This is one place I have NEVER played rated, love their games though.

kewljason

Contrary to the reports I have read on this site over the years, I find them to be fairly tolerant if you play very short sessions and don't rub it in their face. I play downtown a little more than once a week, when I am in Vegas. probably more like 5-6 times a month. I start my downtown trip at 6th street, play one short session, leaving at the first shuffle after a high count or 20 minutes. I hit the other stores in my downtown rotation and usually close the trip with another 15-20 minute session at 6th street. I often see the same pit guys and am sure they recognize me. I have been backed off once a year ago (not tresspassed or barred, just backed off) and on one of my return visits during the same day a couple months ago was told "No more today" as I sat down. Next visit, hit them with my usual short sessions...no problem.

Bacchante

I saw that fella there, and after a cheks play callout (when I went from $5 to $30 on a hand) I noticed him watching my play quite intently. (I guess that's a big bet when others are betting $3 a hand, maybe $5, and side betting on the suit match and I'm not? FYI, I generally play 1-8 spread , $5 on +1 or below, occasional $10 on first hand, so my spread's not huge). He then went on the phone, (calling upstairs??) and no longer watched my play- I thought maybe I was paranoid (heat because of a $30 bet?!) but anyways I played a little more flat betting with an occasional "let it ride" on a win, and then left. But thanx all for the heads up and info, one of the great things I like about this forum.

Albee

Spainard is not to bad

I was there the other day....betting $10 to $50 and had no issues. Moved to a min 25 table after getting my ass handed to me, and procceded to win all my $$ back going $25 to $75 in 10 unit size. I was watched for a bit, and played the lucky ploppie deal....announced I was 'even' and tipped her 5 bucks and said good bye. I actually picked up $300 bucks.

The result, the place is good for low level counters who can act.

There was a counter there going 25 to 200 with no ramp up. He had a pit guy attached to him....and they kept asking why he didn't want a players card, you can earn points, your a good player, we'll give you a room...etc. Why didn't he get backed off?? He lost almost every big bet....till he was out his $2,000. dollar buy in.

When he left, the pit guy smiling and making jokes about him. They knew, but did zero cause he was losing.

Then there's the guy at the Strat that asked the dealer if the last card was a red 7 or black.....but thats another story!

tezzadiver

kewljason said:
Contrary to the reports I have read on this site over the years, I find them to be fairly tolerant if you play very short sessions and don't rub it in their face. I play downtown a little more than once a week, when I am in Vegas. probably more like 5-6 times a month. I start my downtown trip at 6th street, play one short session, leaving at the first shuffle after a high count or 20 minutes. I hit the other stores in my downtown rotation and usually close the trip with another 15-20 minute session at 6th street. I often see the same pit guys and am sure they recognize me. I have been backed off once a year ago (not tresspassed or barred, just backed off) and on one of my return visits during the same day a couple months ago was told "No more today" as I sat down. Next visit, hit them with my usual short sessions...no problem.
Lol. Myself and my girlfriend spent 10 days in the cortez about a year ago on our trip to Vegas. As she is a counter too, we double whammied the tables for about 4 sessions a day. Mainly single deck, some double. I would start the first session at about 5 in the morning, have breakfast after, go out to nugget- and then come back for further sessions.

After the first initial 3 days of this, the pit started to give us slightly suspicious stares everytime we sat down at a table. We tried some c amouflage, If there was good count I would max bet, while she just continued flat betting. This probably extended our welcome for an extra 2 days.

On the 6th day, I noticed as soon I placed a high bet, The cards would be shuffled immediately. It got to a point where I would nearly have to wait for the dealer to deal and quickly shove a high bet out before she could shuffle. Needless to say this treatment continued on every table we would play in the Cortez. The welcome was over. Nothing had ever been said to us- I don`t know if it had something to do with us being hotel guests or foreigners(or both).

We decided to stop playing there( at that point up about a 100 units) and mainly played down at Nuggett and Gold coast( a good game but lots of heat).

While we had been playing at the cortez- we had been collecting raffle tickets.The way it would work- every time the dealer got a BJ we would get a ticket which you would sign with your name and put in a raffle box. We managed to collect about 60 of these in 6 days of play.

The draw was on a saturday just before we left and I won. $500 was the first prize. You should have seen the pit bosses face! Lol.

We left on this good note(for us at least!). Nevertheless we have never received any invitation to go back(comps- free nights etc.) surprise surprise.:eyepatch:

BJLFS

Bacchante said:
I saw that fella there, and after a cheks play callout (when I went from $5 to $30 on a hand) I noticed him watching my play quite intently. (I guess that's a big bet when others are betting $3 a hand, maybe $5, and side betting on the suit match and I'm not? FYI, I generally play 1-8 spread , $5 on +1 or below, occasional $10 on first hand, so my spread's not huge). He then went on the phone, (calling upstairs??) and no longer watched my play- I thought maybe I was paranoid (heat because of a $30 bet?!) but anyways I played a little more flat betting with an occasional "let it ride" on a win, and then left. But thanx all for the heads up and info, one of the great things I like about this forum.
What they usually watch for is bet spreading. In you case, and mine, going from say $5 to $30 does draw attention. But all this is good to know about the EC.