Should Pre-Hiatus Threads Be Locked?

Should all old threads created before the site hiatus be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zero

Since returning to the forums after their re-opening, I've noticed more than a few ancient posts being resurrected by new comments. For the most part, I haven't seen any new information being provided by those posts either. Could outdated information in those old posts confuse newer players when they read the thread and think all the posts in the thread are current? It's not like the information would no longer be accessible, and if anyone wishes to discuss a topic from one of the older posts they could simply start a new thread with their questions or insights while linking to the older locked thread.

I don't think they should be locked.
Resurrecting old threads is annoying, but as long as the date is on them then people should be able to see that. Old posts on all the forums have some very good info from very knowledgeable players that are no longer around...that's basically how I became an AP by reading all archives for a couple years.

MrFatCat

I think some of the bumps I've seen have been useful as a new member -- I pay some attention to the datestamps on the thread, so I notice the timeline on some of them is long, but some of the information has been interesting both historically and currently.