Splitting 10s

Lowrider

I have been backed off three times in my career ... ALL three times were IMMEDIATELY AFTER SPLITTING TENS!

I have since retired this play from my arsenal

ques

Lowrider said:
I have been backed off three times in my career ... ALL three times were IMMEDIATELY AFTER SPLITTING TENS!

I have since retired this play from my arsenal
Were you winning at time?
Did you win spls?
Were you heated at time?

Gamblor

blackjack avenger said:
If indicies are generated mathematically then the effects of card eating are not considered.

If indicies are generated by simulated play then the effects of card eating are considered.
I wouldn't assume this is necessarily true for most 3rd party sims or those written by others. Of course, if you wrote the sim yourself, you can ensure the simulation takes card eating into account.

aslan

Gamblor said:
I wouldn't assume this is necessarily true for most 3rd party sims or those written by others. Of course, if you wrote the sim yourself, you can ensure the simulation takes card eating into account.
I don't see why a sim would not take it into account by the very nature of a sim.

Gamblor

aslan said:
I don't see why a sim would not take it into account by the very nature of a sim.
If your trying to determine the index of, for example, whether to split or stand on 10-10 v 6, most programmers would probably take the short cut of adding 5 high cards to the deck (to determine what a TC +5 is like), and simming over numerous hands the different EVs of splitting or standing.

This is not the same as a full on sim of an actual game.

Also, to unmuddy the waters, what avenger was suggesting was to generate indices with sims. This is is different that what AM did (presumably), which is determine the EV with a given set of indices using a "full on" sim (and these indices were in all likelihood derived like I described above, or mathematically, neither of which would have taking card eating into effect).

Last edited: