Still Entertainment After All These Years!

ScottH

joel099 said:
I will give you $2000 cash if you can make $2000 profit by playing just ONE shoe on our table that has $25 min $500 max limits.
This sounds like a great +EV oppurtunity if it were real. Wouldn't even need to count, just bet the table max and try to get up 2k and quit. The variance would be too high for me, but the 2000 dollar payoff if you make the 2k would definitely outweigh the -EV from the actual betting.

And Joel, Who told you card counters win 90% of the time? In the long run they dont win 90% of the time, but they dont win 50% of the time either. I dont know the exact figure, but it's something like 54% of the time.

Card counting is not a guaranteed way to win every session, but in the long run you will make money, by A) winning more session than losing and B) winning more in your winning sessions than you lose in your losing sessions.

Card counters cant control the cards, so they will go on bad streaks like everyone else, but in the longrun, when there really is no luck, the card counter will prevail and make money.

PS. I am going to miss your posts, they were entertaining.