Strategies for playing 1-Deck Blackjack?

Has anyone here played 1-Deck Blackjack?

Any effective strategies have you used?

The table I want to play on uses £10 bets. What should be the minimum amount I start with? £100, 200 or 300?

What's the most you've won in a 1-Deck game?

Mikeaber

2deal2 said:
Has anyone here played 1-Deck Blackjack?

Any effective strategies have you used?

The table I want to play on uses £10 bets. What should be the minimum amount I start with? £100, 200 or 300?

What's the most you've won in a 1-Deck game?
Actually, there are a lot of differences of opinion on that question as to BR. If you flat-bet (and if you are not counting you should be flatbetting in my opinion) then somewhere around 20x to 40x your average bet. That will give you quite a bit of tolerance for avoiding ruin for a reasonable amount of time.

As for strategy, It does vary from multi-deck and Double deck games as does Double deck from multi-deck. The strategy engine found on the left hand column of the opening page of this forum ( http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/) will generate strategy that will guide you in learning the single deck play.

Only in single deck, card counting can make an impact.

Card counting will assist you in making 3 decision.

1) Bet or dont bet
2) Amount of the bet
3) Whether to hit,stand,double,split

In a single deck, card counting is the only way to make you overcome the house advantage. PROVIDING all other house rule remains.

But for 6 decks or above. i am anti-card counting, its a hoax. Yes of course i cant prove that card counting make you worse off in long run. But the advantage card counting give you is not significant at all.
Other than single deck, I think Card Counting only works in the first 2 decision-making. In the third decision making factor, I sugguest u will rather follow a set of basic strategy faithfully or die. The premutations is too big for card counting to work. Give me a supercomputer and i will give u the numbers.

nc-tom

violentkun said:
Only in single deck, card counting can make an impact.

Card counting will assist you in making 3 decision.

1) Bet or dont bet
2) Amount of the bet
3) Whether to hit,stand,double,split

In a single deck, card counting is the only way to make you overcome the house advantage. PROVIDING all other house rule remains.

But for 6 decks or above. i am anti-card counting, its a hoax. Yes of course i cant prove that card counting make you worse off in long run. But the advantage card counting give you is not significant at all.
Other than single deck, I think Card Counting only works in the first 2 decision-making. In the third decision making factor, I sugguest u will rather follow a set of basic strategy faithfully or die. The premutations is too big for card counting to work. Give me a supercomputer and i will give u the numbers.
What?While counting in 1 and 2 deck games gives you a bigger edge than in 6 deck counting still gives you an edge. I would rather have that 1/4 percent edge for myself than give that or more to the house.Do you use some sort of counting system?I wonder.As for numbers they have already been run. Check books by Wong, Griffen,etc.

Pardon me. I won't talk without evidence. I had enough of this fairy tale.

if it's a 1/4 percent edge, i will jump into it. :)

the chances of you able to apply and to your edge is thousandth out of your 1/4 percent. Not worth the effort.

As i said, Card Counting helps u make up your mind.

Does Card Counting tell you when to bet? Yes it might. But the random distribution is too random to get it correctly.

Does Card Counting tell you how much you shall bet? Yes it might. The amount also does not affect the outcome so this could be useful.

Does Card Counting tell you whether you shall hit or split or stand? As i mentioned.

You have a hand 13 points vs Dealer 3, you used card counting it the system tells you there are lots of postive cards remaining in the deck. If you opt to Hit because of that, you are giving the house your 1/4percent edge instead of gaining the thousanth of a 1/4 percent edge.

It is wiser to follow your basic strategy faithfully rather than follow a Card Counting system.

Thank you for your comment

Last edited: