Sweat Levels at Treasure Island and Stratosphere

ZenKinG

Both are sweatshops. If stratosphere doesn't like you as well as their little neighbor across the street in SLS, they will directly trespass you as they did to me. Well, in all fairness, Strato did give me a chance and backed me off months ago as well as a preferential shuffle treatment, but i returned many times after that which ultimately led to a trespass. Both were pretty nasty trespasses. Stratosphere security guard threatened to handcuff me on my next visit since I told him I'd be back soon and that he couldn't legally 86 me LOL. They even followed me to my car and up the elevator, but I told them I couldn't find my car and basically made them walk in circles until they gave up. That part of the strip is a joke. I've been trespassed 3 times in vegas and two of them were in that area, Strato and SLS. For SLS, it took forever for them to trespass me cause I got gaming involved and made them show me the statute and regulation that allowed them to not cash out my chips without ID LOL.

Regarding TI, they also backed me off and it was before I even played a hand, but that might've been due to a flyer that was out on me at the time though. The other times I played at TI, sweaty vibe and the pit hawked the table. I even backcounted their table in hi limit once directly in front of the hawking pit boss simply because im a savage LOL.

But yea TI, Stratosphere and even though you didn't ask about SLS, it's right next door, also have a good dd game cause of the deep pen, but they're also a sweatshop and I believe they share data with TI so watch out because that's where I think TI got their info from at the time of my backoff there. Regarding the hi limit area in TI, it has that sweaty vibe which I can't stand so I recommend not even playing there. To the OP, TI does have $25 in their hi limit but that's for the shoe game, not sure about the DD, since I dont touch pitch games in Vegas. TI also introduced a couple of months ago lots of 3:2 shoe games with LS on the main floor, but there's no mid shoe entry.

Go visit Red Rock, which is on the western part of vegas and a bit of a ride, but there's lots of DD tables with low minimums as well as Gold Coast which is right next to the Palms and Rio. Orleans is an option as well. If you want to stay on the strip, Cromwell has a low table minimum decent DD as well, not sure about the pen since again I dont play DD but from the hovering I do around the tables, I believe it was about 70-75% so definitely playable regardless of the rules. Since you'll be walking past Mirage, don't even think about it there, as that's also a sweat dump even though you'll find a $25 minimum there.

Regarding the rules. don't get hung up so much on the rules, especially for DD. You wont find many s17 DD's in vegas and if you do it will be hawked like hell so it isn't worth it. You don't need it anyway, just look for deep penetration. Pen is everything in blackjack. Only rules that really matter is making sure the game is 3:2 and I guess DAS as long as the cut is deep. Everything else is gravy.

Last edited:

JJP

I think some of the Vegas counters just take for granted having surrender. I've never played anywhere outside Vegas that had surrender as an option.

ZenKinG

tuck22 said:
Maybe it changed but when I went there every dealer in gold coast was giving terrible pen.
I dont remember the pen at gold coast, i was just referring to their minimums. I dont play DD so i only glance here and there if i see a DD game. From most of the DD in vegas, the pen is really good.

JJP

The biggest color-up I've ever seen was a ploppy coloring up for $9k at Treasure Island. The guy wasn't counting, so no heat whatsoever. But if they are really that sweaty, I would've thought this would've been more troubling for them.

Rebecca C

JJP said:
The biggest color-up I've ever seen was a ploppy coloring up for $9k at Treasure Island. The guy wasn't counting, so no heat whatsoever. But if they are really that sweaty, I would've thought this would've been more troubling for them.
They were too busy getting emergency medical care for the shift boss's panic attack. Seriously, they probably already analyzed the ploppy's play and saw it was of no worry. He might've been in for 20k.

Rebecca C

JJP said:
I think some of the Vegas counters just take for granted having surrender. I've never played anywhere outside Vegas that had surrender as an option.
You need to get out more. Parts of Arizona and most of the east coast have a bunch of surrender games. There are other scattered places too.

JJP

Rebecca C said:
They were too busy getting emergency medical care for the shift boss's panic attack. Seriously, they probably already analyzed the ploppy's play and saw it was of no worry. He might've been in for 20k.
He wasn't in for anywhere remotely close to that. He was crushing them. I was at the table; I saw it first hand. Granted, it was mostly due to positive variance because the counts weren't that great, and he was betting big.

Dummy

JJP said:
He wasn't in for anywhere remotely close to that. He was crushing them. I was at the table; I saw it first hand. Granted, it was mostly due to positive variance because the counts weren't that great, and he was betting big.
There is money to be made from the advantage rounds that make the count fall no matter what the count. You just can't anticipate them, but you can take advantage of them when the count falls round after round.