The Easy OPP Count

Just wondering if anyone has heard of the Easy OPP Count System? I read an article on blackjackforumonline.com about it. Sounds too good to be true. Any thoughts out there on this?

newyorkbear

From what I've been told,its very similar to the Golden Touch method that people are paying $895 to learn in a two day seminar.
I haven't really studied it too much yet,but from what I have seen,it looks like a much easier method to learn,but not quite as powerful a KO or some of the other methods.
I'm interested,but will wait for some more research into it before I do anything with it.
It does look pretty promising.

question

What are "indices"? I have "Professional Blackjack" by Stanford Wong. I have to admit that the thought of memorizing all the charts seems overwhelming to me. Never really a fan of math. To say I am struggling with all this is an understatement. But I am trying really hard. Should I start with something simpler, or just dive right in?

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Indices are the strategy index numbers that tell you when to change your play from basic strategy based on the count. You'll find charts of those numbers for the Hi-Lo count in Wong's book.

Rather than trying to learn them all, a good place to start is the Illustrious 18 (Archive copy), which are the most important strategy changes.

neemo6

The opp count is supposed to be for those who have or are having a hard time picking up traditional counting systems. It is extremely easy to learn and use. By far the easiest system to use, and its free. My sister and girlfriend dont even know bs and they have picked up this system fairly easy, keep in mind they never even tried to count cards or keep track of them in any sort of way before. If you have been practicing other systems and having difficult time, its quite possible to pick this up in a matter of hours. Give it a shot.
http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Easy_OPP_Card_Counting_System.htm

Bulls**t!

neemo6 writes -
"My sister and girlfriend dont even know bs and they have picked up this system fairly easy, keep in mind they never even tried to count cards or keep track of them in any sort of way before."
-----------------------

Thats BS (and I don't mean basic strategy)! OPPC won't work without first learning basic strategy - Bstrategy is the hardest part of learning to count, after that HiLo or KO is the easy part.

OPPC is NOT for anyone who invests the time to visit BJINFO. zg

neemo6

zengrifter said:
neemo6 writes -
"My sister and girlfriend dont even know bs and they have picked up this system fairly easy, keep in mind they never even tried to count cards or keep track of them in any sort of way before."
-----------------------

Thats BS (and I don't mean basic strategy)! OPPC won't work without first learning basic strategy - Bstrategy is the hardest part of learning to count, after that HiLo or KO is the easy part.

OPPC is NOT for anyone who invests the time to visit BJINFO. zg
So you're saying that it is imposible to learn how to count w/o learning basic strategy? Anyone can count cards or learn to keep track of cards all without every knowing BS. Is it recommended, of course not. The point I was trying to make was to show how easy this system is! My sister and gf dont even care to learn bs, let alone take the time to count cards. But on a boring rainy night I taught them this count as we played bj, and after a while they got it with relative ease and knew if there was more high card or low cards left in the shoe. Which is what counting is. Like I said it dont hurt to give it a shot, especially if your having troubles with keeping a count.

Allow me to clarify...

... Yes, its possible to learn a count w/o knowing BS, BUT it won't work because you'd still be a dumb-ass ploppy and not know how to play! zg

Last edited:
I, too, have tried it and it does work. It seems that all the traditional counters automatically dismiss this method because it is not as strong as the other methods. I agree that there is more of an advantage using hi-lo, etc., but those numbers are derived after millions of sim hands played. The law of large numbers will eventually kick in..but after millions of hands. Sometimes, the simplest method is almost as good. Also, if the cards don't come your way, every system looks weak.