What are the odds....

KewlJ said:
I am always amazed at the "lost xx hands in a row discussions".

Can I ask, when do you start counting losing rounds? after each loss do you say "that's 1". :D

My point being, I am usually well into a streak when I even realize "hey I have lost quite a few hands in a row". But is it 7? 9? 11? I don't know at that point and I can't go back and try to remember each hand at that point. So any number I came up with would be at least part guess.

I suppose the one scenario that would be easier to figure after the fact would be sitting down at a new session. If you lost every hand you could easily figure out just how many by the chips you lost.
I agree. Who counts exactly how many hands they have won or lost in a row?
And also agree with gronbog...I don't really notice either way until around 5 or so. And really who cares, unless you suspect cheating etc. There are probably more important things to be keeping track of.
And Safehouse...if you have been playing for 16 years...why not learn a simple count and gain an edge? Instead of remaining a losing player at basic strategy? Obviously you enjoy the game...why not win?

MJGolf

Hell I had one berate me for hitting a 12 against a dealer upcard 3 this weekend. And he was playing third base, so why he would bitch anyway was beyond me. And he was too aggressive on his soft doubles but I sure didn't verbally analyze his play..............LOL

DSchles

MJGolf said:
Hell I had one berate me for hitting a 12 against a dealer upcard 3 this weekend. And he was playing third base, so why he would bitch anyway was beyond me.
You changed the flow of the cards, of course!

Don

DSchles

Counting_Is_Fun said:
Such an outstanding post. Ugg
Guess I have to spell it out for you since it seemed to go right over your head. MJGolf wondered, since "he was playing third base, why he would bitch was beyond me." I gave him the obvious answer -- the lament of every ploppy when someone draws a card he isn't "supposed to": "You changed the flow of the cards."

Understand now, or do I have to draw you a map?

Don

KewlJ

LC Larry said:
You'll learn quickly that the civilians can be more dangerous than the pit critters.
I have come to call this "secondary heat". As an example, I will use splitting 10's which I don't do often. But say the count is monstrous and I am going to split 10's (or any other play that the uninformed think wrong). So I split y 10's and the reaction from the ploppy gallery, is such that it draws the attention of pit, who wonders over to take a look, when they otherwise wouldn't have.

LC Larry

KewlJ said:
I have come to call this "secondary heat". As an example, I will use splitting 10's which I don't do often. But say the count is monstrous and I am going to split 10's (or any other play that the uninformed think wrong). So I split y 10's and the reaction from the ploppy gallery, is such that it draws the attention of pit, who wonders over to take a look, when they otherwise wouldn't have.
They can cause a few other problems as well. Especially for other types of AP plays. Ploppies have big mouths!

MJGolf

That HAS happened to me before..........where they point out a dealer error in your favor. BUT I have also been at a table where no one said a word when the dealer payed the table as if she had busted but had 21. LOL

And yes, I sure understood Don's sarcasm............because I would venture EVERYONE even Counting is Fun has heard someone utter, "you should have taken/not taken that card; you changed the flow of the cards!" LOL

DSchles

MJGolf said:
That HAS happened to me before..........where they point out a dealer error in your favor. BUT I have also been at a table where no one said a word when the dealer payed the table as if she had busted but had 21. LOL

And yes, I sure understood Don's sarcasm............because I would venture EVERYONE even Counting is Fun has heard someone utter, "you should have taken/not taken that card; you changed the flow of the cards!" LOL
Don't let it bother you. Counting Is Fun is a disruptive force on any forum in which he participates. He's only here or there to cause trouble.

Don

MJGolf said:

What are you talking about? I was the one being sarcastic.

DSchles said:
Don't let it bother you. Counting Is Fun is a disruptive force on any forum in which he participates. He's only here or there to cause trouble.

Don
Well now we have Don's opinion. It's wrong, but hey to each their own I guess.
What Don calls a "disruptive force" is just someone else posting something he doesn't like. It happens on all the forums. Don't let him bother you.