When it works...

callipygian

Sonny said:
I'd rather be skillful enough to win it more than once, or at least smart enough to not go broke trying to win. Too many people rely on luck instead of skill and intelligence.
True, but InPlay has an accurate point, which is that someone who is lucky with the lottery once probably has more money than someone who is good at just about anything (be it blackjack, venture capital, or robbing banks).

Given the choice between winning the lottery once or instantly becoming an expert at any field of my choice, I'd choose lottery.

Given the choice between a chance at winning the lottery or working to become an expert at a field, though, I think we're all in agreement that the latter is better.

Sonny said:
I'd rather be skillful enough to win it more than once, or at least smart enough to not go broke trying to win. Too many people rely on luck instead of skill and intelligence.

-Sonny-

There is no skill in winning the lottery its all luck ? Just like playing BJ. You still have to have skill and LUCK to win. Without either one you are toast.

Last edited:
hawkeye said:
I understand your frustration with some of the responders who automatically discount what you say, then act like they have all the answers, but then they never divulge anything. Read through this thread and you'll see I have a disdain for that.

But I've also read a lot of BoJack's posts over the past few months, especially a lot on another BJ site, and he always seemed very helpful and knowledgeable without being condescending or rude. And if you choose to believe some of the stories, BoJack has proven himself.

I think quite a few people here actually do lay down money playing BJ. I can't imagine what the fun would be in running BJ sims all the time and talking about it but never playing it. I wouldn't even begin to understand why someone would waste time doing that.

But I do think that some people take the fun out it too. I believe they still have a good time playing though, just not the good time I would have.
So right you are.

callipygian

InPlay said:
There is no skill in winning the lottery its all luck ?
There is no skill in winning the lottery.

The only real skill involved is choosing all numbers greater than 31, so that your payout when you hit the jackpot is less likely to split (many people play their birthdays, so numbers 1-31 and especially 1-12 are more frequently chosen than if random).