Why single deck 6:5 blackjack will last forever.

nc-tom

FGK42 said:
Lets take an example using red chips:$10 bet

$10 bet on 3:2 pays $15
$10 bet on 6:5 pays $12 or how about DD and paying $20? (assuming the count is acceptable and dealer has the right card)

How is that for great cover? Only a bozo would do that right? :devil:
ok I think i am starting to get the idea, but a better explanation would be nice if it would not reveal to many trade secrets:)

FGK42 said:
Lets take an example using red chips:$10 bet

$10 bet on 3:2 pays $15
$10 bet on 6:5 pays $12 or how about DD and paying $20? (assuming the count is acceptable and dealer has the right card)

How is that for great cover? Only a bozo would do that right? :devil:
Well sure there is probably a good time to do that in a 6:5 SD game as well as a 3:2 game, but I'll take 3:2, thanks. However... it is terrible cover!

All the 6:5 SD in AC is machine-shuffled so I haven't had a chance to check out shuffle-related AP opportunities with it.

shadroch

Automatic Monkey said:
Well sure there is probably a good time to do that in a 6:5 SD game as well as a 3:2 game, but I'll take 3:2, thanks. However... it is terrible cover!

For the life of me,I can't figure out a count where DD on a sure payout is a good bet.Unless you were down to having nothing but faces left in the deck,it can't be a positive move.Even then,you risk the dealer tieing you.

Canceler

I don't know for sure, but...

EasyRhino said:
Boy this is like middle school, when all of the cool kids would be in the cafeteria talking about something and laughing and them clam up when I walked up to the lunch table with my Hello Kitty lunchbox that my Mom made me use because she bought it at a garage sale for 50 cents.

Man this sucks.

:confused:
I think Sonny gave us a clue in his post. But, as zg stated, nobody who really knows should talk about it on a public message board.

ScottH

Canceler said:
I think Sonny gave us a clue in his post. But, as zg stated, nobody who really knows should talk about it on a public message board.
I think I know why, and it doesnt seem like a big huge secret that shouldnt come out.

6:5 blackjack is good for blackjack just like ploppies butchering BS is good for blackjack. Get it?

I would like confirmation that this is the correct theory. I just don't buy it. That one guy prays every night for it to spread across the country. Is that for him to play or for ploppies to play?

sagefr0g

EasyRhino said:
Boy this is like middle school, when all of the cool kids would be in the cafeteria talking about something and laughing and them clam up when I walked up to the lunch table with my Hello Kitty lunchbox that my Mom made me use because she bought it at a garage sale for 50 cents.

Man this sucks.

:confused:
wait a minute Rhino are saying Hello Kitty lunchbox's weren't kewl?
ease up bud :p

sagefr0g said:
some how i think he won't ....... probably would have to do with hole carding but i wonder since it wouldn't seem more likely that a 6:5 game would have more sloppy dealers than other games.
OK, the reptilian counter gets it right - more holecarding opps. zg