Woo hoo! I got my first backoff!

BJLFS

AJL said:
Sorry to hear that, BJLFS!
I have mixed feelings on it. One is I can't play BJ at the place anymore. But the other side is that I'm getting good to the point where I'm a danger to them.

BJLFS said:
I have mixed feelings on it. One is I can't play BJ at the place anymore. But the other side is that I'm getting good to the point where I'm a danger to them.
Now you need to get good to the point that they don't think you are dangerous. Then you won't get anymore badges of shame. This is the real art of card counting, preserving longevity.

BJLFS

tthree said:
Now you need to get good to the point that they don't think you are dangerous. Then you won't get anymore badges of shame. This is the real art of card counting, preserving longevity.
Thanks man.

BJLFS said:
I have mixed feelings on it. One is I can't play BJ at the place anymore.
That typically isn't so. There is not a single club that I've been barred or even
trespassed at that I haven't returned to, typically within 90-days, often sooner. zg

BJLFS

zengrifter said:
That typically isn't so. There is not a single club that I've been barred or even
trespassed at that I haven't returned to, typically within 90-days, often sooner. zg
But most of the dealers know me.

kewljason

tthree said:
They are not badges of shame, nor badges of honor. Just part of the business. :( You are correct about trying to minimize them in the name of longevity though, tthree. I am a little surprises to hear you say that as it seemed from your posts that you are more interested in extracting every last bit of EV rather than preserving longevity. Unfortunately in most cases the two conflict.

Sharky

exactly!!!...why would you get chatty w/ pc's and dealers so they remember you??? (some even consider it part of their "cover"...psst al**n)...not too hard to change your look either...i shed nearly 20 bows in a month and i was only 2 bills...can't wait to get back at some stores on halloween - favorite holiday...celebrate it YEAR ROUND

Sharky said:
exactly!!!...why would you get chatty w/ pc's and dealers so they remember you??? (some even consider it part of their "cover"...psst al**n)...not too hard to change your look either...i shed nearly 20 bows in a month and i was only 2 bills...can't wait to get back at some stores on halloween - favorite holiday...celebrate it YEAR ROUND
Were you that Elvis in the HL room? Funny sh*t!
I caught Ian Anderson playing at Harrahs Reno HL in 2000: 1D 10/11, spreading 3x200 to 3x800 with deep pene.
He looked like an aging 1960s London swinger - dutch boy haircut and ruffled cuffs - British accent - sort of an Austin Powers mojo thang. zg

Last edited:
kewljason said:
They are not badges of shame, nor badges of honor. Just part of the business. :( You are correct about trying to minimize them in the name of longevity though, tthree. I am a little surprises to hear you say that as it seemed from your posts that you are more interested in extracting every last bit of EV rather than preserving longevity. Unfortunately in most cases the two conflict.
The side counts make you do plays that they can't comprehend as advantage plays. When you get RC adjustments larger than your biggest RC you will ever experience and the need to generate indices for plays that have no index without side counting it is cover as much as a big boost in EV.

zengrifter said:
Were you that Elvis in the HL room? Funny sh*t!
I caught Ian Anderson playing at Harrahs Reno HL in 2000: 1D 10/11, spreading 3x200 to 3x800 with deep pene.
He looked like an aging 1960s London swinger - dutch boy haircut and ruffled cuffs - British accent - sort of an Austin Powers mojo thang. zg
I thought Ian Anderson was an aging 1960s London singer. Come to think of it he was scottish. Why do they call it Jethro Tull anyway?:joker:

Billy C1

This area------

Because of the limited amount of "stores" in my area, I've found it advantageous to make the dealers "like" me (not only by tipping but also using friendly conversation and smiles).
This approach, I'm sure, doesn't work as well in places with more surveillance.

BillyC1