Attacking 6:5 for fun (and profit?) – Page 2

  • KingHenry

     

    i ran a quick 100 million sim using DAS S17, 50% pen and double any two, and it suggests ramping at TC +3 (not sure what the typical rules are though on 6:5 bj). on these rules the win rate is good, but the risk is really high putting the Score at 29.53 for a spread of 2×1 to 2×20. RoR for 200 unit bankroll is 16.8%.

    if you post the exact rules i can prob get you a more accurate figure

  • irobinson

     

    Quote: KingHenry said:
    i ran a quick 100 million sim using DAS S17, 50% pen and double any two, and it suggests ramping at TC +3 (not sure what the typical rules are though on 6:5 bj). on these rules the win rate is good, but the risk is really high putting the Score at 29.53 for a spread of 2×1 to 2×20. RoR for 200 unit bankroll is 16.8%.

    if you post the exact rules i can prob get you a more accurate figure

    I have a local game that is 6:5 SD. Rules are H17, LS, RSA, DA2, DAS. Too bad they didn’t make it S17.

  • revelation0928

     

    Quote: billionaireben said:
    Hooters DD games were the majority of my losses and I still made a profit at MGM playing only 6:5 games.

    I ever been to Hooters several months ago,they have bad SD rule and bad dealers and croweded.
    Hotters is one of the worst casinos I ever met.

  • blackjacktilt

     

    Quote: White Guy said:
    I have some advice:

    Don’t Do It.

    Let me explain this further.
    STAY AWAY FROM 6:5, THE MORE WHO PLAY IT, THE MORE IT STAYS AND RUINS THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME
    Ok beautiful might not be the right word… But you get my point.

  • Gamblor

     

    Quote: blackjacktilt said:
    Let me explain this further.
    STAY AWAY FROM 6:5, THE MORE WHO PLAY IT, THE MORE IT STAYS AND RUINS THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME
    Ok beautiful might not be the right word… But you get my point.

    Beautiful game???? I just posted about losing my 22 v 6 three splits and three double bets that I lost at a moderate bet

  • tthree

     

    6:5 is not blackjack. It’s a carny game.

  • blackjacktilt

     

    Quote: Gamblor said:
    Beautiful game???? I just posted about losing my 22 v 6 three splits and three double bets that I lost at a moderate bet

    Sarcasm my friend I hate blackjack

  • FrankieT

     

    Quote: jopke said:
    I was thinking it would be kind of fun to try attacking a 6:5 game. I’d be playing a small unit and doing it more for the challenge than anything.

    Any advice? I use TKO, which I know isn’t ideal for single deck, but oh well…

    Can a very aggressive spread beat it? Spreading from 1 to 2×40 would crush, right?

    How much does the lower BJ payoff devalue aces? Sequencing is still worthwhile, right?

    I play primarily shoe games and 2D where I can get good pen. I’ve only played single deck when a casino was running a deal where they payed 2-1 on naturals during certain time periods, which applied to the 6:5 games as well. (That was a ton of fun, I flat be 3x$100 and made a killing.)

    Why don’t you attack european roulette and pai gow while you’re at it. Show some balls and be a real man.

  • FrankieT

     

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    I gave in to playing 6.5 sd last night due to a special opportunity,,,1.33 HA but I won some good money on it.

    Would I do it again,,maybe ,,if the special opportunity continues but it will never replace a 3.2 game.

    CP

    You are talking about HCing, right; you weren’t actually counting at it?? We’re all mature adults here, you can say HCing – or has this board grown so secretive you can’t even say the H word anymore?

  • b jay cobbson

     

    Quote: 21forme said:
    There was some discussion about 6:5 on Green Chip a few months ago and Don S. said you don’t have an advantage at 6:5 SD until TC +5, due to the reduced value of the ace.

    What does Don know? You would think he wrote a book or something. He should stick to spelling and grammar and leave blackjack to guys like Jerry Patterson.

    Cobbson

  • 21forme

     

    Quote: b jay cobbson said:
    What does Don know? You would think he wrote a book or something. He should stick to spelling and grammar and leave blackjack to guys like Jerry Patterson.

    Cobbson

    I prefer Scoblete’s expert advice

  • Low Ball Cap Real Low LOW

    value of TC in 6:5

    Quote: 21forme said:
    There was some discussion about 6:5 on Green Chip a few months ago and Don S. said you don’t have an advantage at 6:5 SD until TC +5, due to the reduced value of the ace.

    what saith don is the value of each hi-lo tc point in this game, knoweth ye?

    sent with apologies.

  • Low Ball Cap Real Low LOW

    please don’t make me pay stanford

    you guys. i hate paying stanford.

  • tthree

     

    Quote: Low Ball Cap Real Low LOW said:
    what saith don is the value of each hi-lo tc point in this game, knoweth ye?

    sent with apologies.

    Might as go to ace neutral count or Zen (ace half the value) at 6:5 if you are going to beat your head against the wall. The ace has little extra value for betting and really messes up your PE for playing.

  • Low Ball Cap Real Low LOW

    stuck with hilo

    Quote: tthree said:
    Might as go to ace neutral count or Zen (ace half the value) at 6:5 if you are going to beat your head against the wall. The ace has little extra value for betting and really messes up your PE for playing.

    Thanks, tthree — it’s good advice. The little shuffle that makes the 6:5 in question worth a go is sort of a pressing matter requiring immediate attention, and the casino is scary and immiserated, unlikely to give up enough queso to warrant this very old dog learning anything at all. But I would like to be able to know whether I got edge or not in all those true 5s and 6s and 7s I’m going deftly to craft in the joint. And hi-lo is all I got!

  • bejammin075

    So what is the best count for 6:5?

    It seems like if you really want to try to beat this game (and violate the priniple of not giving business to the horrible rules) we should figure out what the best count is against this game, and go from there. If we knew which count was the best against SD 6:5, from among those already practitioning that count could be selected the ones who will punish the casinos for offering such a craptacular game. I’m going to guess something Ace-neutral, like Hi-Opt II (with no side count) would do relatively well versus the other counts. Maybe AOII, isn’t that ace neutral? Probably want ace neutral since the BJ pays less.

  • AussiePlayer

     

    Quote: bejammin075 said:
    It seems like if you really want to try to beat this game (and violate the priniple of not giving business to the horrible rules) we should figure out what the best count is against this game, and go from there. If we knew which count was the best against SD 6:5, from among those already practitioning that count could be selected the ones who will punish the casinos for offering such a craptacular game. I’m going to guess something Ace-neutral, like Hi-Opt II (with no side count) would do relatively well versus the other counts. Maybe AOII, isn’t that ace neutral? Probably want ace neutral since the BJ pays less.

    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=23369

  • Tarzan

    The best way to beat singledeck 6:5

    I have worked on this and studied this for many years to devise the best way to beat singledeck blackjack. Disguise is important here because there is serious heat involved but it’s quite simple really. Upon sitting at the table say to the dealer, “Look! It’s Halley’s comet!” and point toward the ceiling. Then grab two handfuls of black chips out of the tray and haul ass out of there as fast as you can…

    Okay, seriously… I have never played 6:5 singledeck because it’s just a poor quality game. That’s one of the cardinal rules of being a successful advantage player— Don’t play poor quality games! If you are slightly “wild and crazy” or “like a real challenge” or “have a strange sense of invincibility when in a casino environment” or “are independently wealthy that it just really does not f*cking matter” or something like that then go for it!

    I did see another bona fide counter tackling a 6:5 singledeck game in an AC casino some years back. I was strolling by and paused to watch the singledeck game in action for a moment (for amusement’s sake and not because I was considering playing) and was seeing a guy planted at the center spot with a stack of green in front of him. I was following along with Tarzan count and it didn’t take very long to see that he was very much in tune with the count and playing accordingly. Seeing another real live actual bona fide counter in the casinos to begin with was remarkable and unheard of thing for me, just not something you see everyday and there’s actually not very many of us. Although he lost badly during the time I was watching, I could see that his bet spread was enough that theoretically he could maybe do okay out of the deal (and also get the attention of the pit and the eye).

    I wandered off on my merry way and wondered why he would bother with playing that game. Was it bragging rights? Was it a matter of taking on a monumental challenge like when people try to climb Mt. Everest or something? People have died trying to climb Mt. Everest…My advice is to please PLEASE avoid playing this game.

  • Sucker

     

    Quote: Tarzan said:
    I wandered off on my merry way and wondered why he would bother with playing that game.

    One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Sometimes one must simply think outside the box.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.