Best place to play BJ in London?

  • Young Man

    Best place to play BJ in London?

    Can people please give me their opinion on the best place to play BJ in London?

    Ideally I really want to play somewhere where they don’t use continuous shuffling machines.

    Thanks in advance.

  • FLASH1296

     

    Ideally?

    Does that mean that you would play against a CSM ?

    The games in London are not very good.

    You cannot just walk into a casino and play BJ.
    You have to be a member in good standing.
    You can apply and wait for 24 hrs., I think, and see if they permit you to play.
    I also believe that a member of the club can escort you in though.

    Caveat: Card Counters have had their money confiscated on occasion, but that hardly applies to you.

  • chichow

     

    Flash,

    Would you please tell us when the last time you played in a London casino?

    “You cannot just walk into a casino and play BJ.
    You have to be a member in good standing.”

    I’m sorry, but I’m pretty sure your information is inaccurate.

    Lots of people walk into London casinos and start playing. Granted you have to show your ID, but you’re in.

  • Young Man

     

    Will anyone answer the question? Does anyone know?

  • FLASH1296

     

    My information may be dated, but it certainly used to the case.

  • London Colin

     

    Quote: Young Man said:
    Will anyone answer the question? Does anyone know?

    Which is best can be a bit subjective. It depends a lot on what you are looking for.

    You’ll find a number of London casinos discussed in previous threads in this subforum.

    Napoleon’s, Leicester Sq. has traditionally been viewed as ‘best’. It offers 4 decks, with a £5 minimum at a few tables, but the penetration has been seen to become poor recently.
    (Thread)

    Next door, on the other hand, at the Empire, they have gone from 6 to 8 decks, but apparently they have also introduced full insurance (rather than even money only). I don’t know what the penetration is like. The min bet is £10.

    A short walk away is the Golden Nugget. Same rules as the Empire (and presumably others in the LCI chain), but the minimum is £5.
    (Thread)

    Elsewhere you will mostly find 6-deck games with a £5 or £10 minimum. There is one place I know of that offers a £2 minimum at certain times of day, but that is usually with a CSM.

  • London Colin

     

    Quote: chichow said:
    Lots of people walk into London casinos and start playing. Granted you have to show your ID, but you’re in.

    Some don’t require any ID or membership. (Though you can still become a member, if you wish, and gain a few perks.) That’s true of Napoleon’s and the LCI chain, I think.

    Others require you to become a member on your first visit (requiring ID). Thereafter you just show you membership card to gain entrance. You don’t have to hand the card over at the gaming tables, though there may be ‘loyalty points’ to be gained by doing so, (The closest thing we get to comps here.)

    Some chains require you to become a member separately at each of their casinos, while others just require you to register once, and then you can visit any in the chain.

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    My information may be dated, but it certainly used to the case.

    On that basis, if someone asks questions about Las Vegas, I can confidently tell them that it is run by the Mob!

  • KOLAN

     

    Quote: chichow said:
    Flash,

    Would you please tell us when the last time you played in a London casino?

    “You cannot just walk into a casino and play BJ.
    You have to be a member in good standing.”

    I’m sorry, but I’m pretty sure your information is inaccurate.

    Lots of people walk into London casinos and start playing. Granted you have to show your ID, but you’re in.

    if you go to empire casino you dont need to be member just go . only if you cash out >1000 he can ask you shove id .

  • KOLAN

     

    Quote: Young Man said:
    Can people please give me their opinion on the best place to play BJ in London?

    Ideally I really want to play somewhere where they don’t use continuous shuffling machines.

    Thanks in advance.

    play gala , napoleon ,or palm beech .

  • chichow

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    My information may be dated, but it certainly used to the case.

    So when was the last time you were in a London casino?

    I can confidently say that over the last decade, I’ve had no problems going to a number of London casinos and getting in same day.

  • Young Man

     

    Thanks to those guys that left helpful comments. Will probably try Napolean’s in Leicester Square.

  • UK-21

     

    Quote: Young Man said:
    Can people please give me their opinion on the best place to play BJ in London?

    Ideally I really want to play somewhere where they don’t use continuous shuffling machines.

    Thanks in advance.

    If you’re not adverse to travelling out of London for a game, then you could do worse than visit one of the Galas a bit out of town. There are two in Northampton with £3 mins on the BJ tables, and the one in Leicester has BJ at a quid min before 2.00pm, after which they open the main gaming floor and the min goes up to £2. Usual 6 deck shoe games with the pentration being dealer dependent – usally around the 75%ish mark in my experience though. Might be worth one of those el-cheapo off peak return train tickets?

    If it has to be London then I think Napoleon’s in Leicester Square comes top of the list, although you can forget about all of the back-counting stuff anytime after 6.00pm. Oh, and be aware that the staff there are more savvy than in other places I’ve played at and will pick up on hefty bet spreads on large bets.

    Good luck.

  • ycming

     

    There is a very tidy blackjack swtich game in london. Is just immense! Spilting 10 non stop is fun :D!!

    Ming

  • FLASH1296

     

    YCMing,

    Splitting Faces “nonstop” in Switch ?

    Surely you jest.

  • chichow

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    My information may be dated, but it certainly used to the case.

    Could you let us know when “it certainly used to the case” I’m always interested in changing game conditions and times.

    I would also still be interested on when was the last time you played in London? As I stated, I’ve played in London a number of times this past decade.

    Thanks!

  • FLASH1296

    The Facts. ! Only the Facts !

    The BJ rules in effect in England were traditionally dreadful,
    e.g. being forbidden to split 4’s or 5’s, or 10’s and insurance only against a Dealer’s Ace.

    The rules slightly changed — 23 months ago — and attached is a link that I am providing,
    of the official document from the British Gaming Commission, entitled Rules of Casino Games in Great Britain

    Read about the explicit changes in British casino games:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?nzn0g2zq3om

  • caramel6

     

    last 12 month split any pair against anything

  • Elhombre

    cheap hotels, hostels, places to sleep

    Hi London experts, I plan to go to London next week, where can I
    stay very cheap, maybe camping too.

    Thanks in advance of a bed, sorry, an answer
    Eh.

  • UK-21

     

    London’s like Munich – there is nowhere cheap from May/June onwards unless you want to suffer a dive somewhere. I would suggest taking a look at the London underground map, and look for accommodation or a camping site close to a tube station towards the end of the lines – ie Barnet in North London, Upminster in the East etc. Travel time into Central London will be around 30 to 40 minutes on the tube.

  • Elhombre

    Thanks UK, I thought about too, what u suggest.

    the best Eh.

  • ycming

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    YCMing,

    Splitting Faces “nonstop” in Switch ?

    Surely you jest.

    At the right moment …………

    Ming

  • blazin22

     

    There is a game of blackjack you can play right here in the UK that is up there with the best of them available in the US. Its not located in London, and I don’t feel like divulging the rules in public, the game would get burnt out pretty quickly. Contact me for details.

    On second thoughts maybe I should keep it to myself, it just seems a crying shame that money is being left on the table while i’m not playing it. I can only get there on weekends. Or maybe i’m wrong perhaps someone else has discovered it too.

  • chichow

    London Update

    Napoleans Casino (Central London – Leicester Square)

    The good: 4 deck games. S17. 5 -1 0 quid mins. No problem hopping around. One pit with 4 – 6 tables. Lots of Chinese players i.e. superstitious ploppy play.

    The bad: Penetration varies greatly. 1 to 1.75 decks.

    The misc: Game protection from the pit varies. Dealer training varies. Single data point of non-existent heat at low roll levels

  • jnrwilliam

     

    Quote: chichow said:
    Napoleans Casino (Central London – Leicester Square)

    The good: 4 deck games. S17. 5 -1 0 quid mins. No problem hopping around. One pit with 4 – 6 tables. Lots of Chinese players i.e. superstitious ploppy play.

    The bad: Penetration varies greatly. 1 to 1.75 decks.

    The misc: Game protection from the pit varies. Dealer training varies. Single data point of non-existent heat at low roll levels

    rule? no ES10 n insur???
    5-10 quids mins=???

  • Nimiza

     

    Quote: chichow said:
    napoleans casino (central london – leicester square)

    the good: 4 deck games. S17. 5 -1 0 quid mins. No problem hopping around. One pit with 4 – 6 tables. Lots of chinese players i.e. Superstitious ploppy play.

    The bad: Penetration varies greatly. 1 to 1.75 decks.

    The misc: Game protection from the pit varies. Dealer training varies. Single data point of non-existent heat at low roll levels

    doa?

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.