Gun Lake BJ

  • creeping panther

    Gun Lake BJ

    For those of you thinking about going there on opening don’t waste your time.

    I have a inside report on the game and it is a 6d, asm, das, doa, h-17, 1.5. It is only better than Odawa and that ain’t saying much!

    Gun Lake had better wake up, offering non-competitive games is not going to pay off their huge debt to Goldman quicker.

    Let’s see, one restaurant, lousy games, no hotel, one lounge, Geez!!

    CP

  • paddywhack

    Aw shucks

    Guess I’ll save the gas and play closer to home

  • 21gunsalute

     

    In other words, same rules as Firekeepers, which I’ve had more success at than other casinos with more favorable rules. Go figure. At least they’re not having 8 deck games with 3 and a half decks cut off like they have at Four Winds.

  • creeping panther

    21

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    In other words, same rules as Firekeepers, which I’ve had more success at than other casinos with more favorable rules. Go figure. At least they’re not having 8 deck games with 3 and a half decks cut off like they have at Four Winds.

    Can’t figure that one out. Just keep on truckin Bro’, I know you are an awesome player.

    GL has not one full pay JOB, not one. That really says it all. GL offers a junk game especially in light of the overall competition with the exception of Odawa, which is tetering on closing for the winter.

    CP

  • blackjack avenger

    Awwwwwwesome

    Another casino!

    Especially if in your locality is great!!!!!

    Every game offered could be better, or worse!

  • Dyepaintball12

     

    Boo! I expected great things!

  • creeping panther

    Avenger

    Quote: blackjack avenger said:
    Another casino!

    Especially if in your locality is great!!!!!

    Every game offered could be better, or worse!

    OKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    CP

  • blackjack avenger

    Golden Age of Blackjack?

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    OKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    CP

    Some consider now the golden age of blackjack because of all the casinos. In several areas of the country things very recently got much better. CP are you implying that a new casino is not a good thing?

  • creeping panther

    Avenger

    Quote: blackjack avenger said:
    Some consider now the golden age of blackjack because of all the casinos. In several areas of the country things very recently got much better. CP are you implying that a new casino is not a good thing?

    I am pointing out their total stupidity by their refusal to compete! A bad casino near me means nothing to me, except that my neighbors will be losing their money on trash games,,,a bad thing.

    CP

  • sagefr0g

     

    Quote: blackjack avenger said:
    Some consider now the golden age of blackjack because of all the casinos. In several areas of the country things very recently got much better. CP are you implying that a new casino is not a good thing?

    here’s what they are saying in this link:
    http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20110210/NEWS01/102100314/1002/NEWS01

    Officials at both casinos said they weren’t worried about the competition.

    Mike Facenda, FireKeepers spokesman, in fact extended public congratulations to the Gun Lake Tribe on behalf of the Athens Township-based Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi, which owns FireKeepers.

    And D.K. Sprague, tribal chairman of the Gun Lake Tribe, said Wednesday, “I don’t like the word ‘competition.’ We have a lot of brothers and sisters in that tribe. We’re all a family.”

    Meanwhile, George Erickcek, a Kalamazoo economist studying FireKeepers’ impact on Calhoun County, said he didn’t think Gun Lake would pull much business from FireKeepers.

    The local casino, located midway between Battle Creek and Marshall, likely pulls most of its traffic from I-94, Erickcek said, while Gun Lake will rely more on U.S. 131 traffic. Both casinos are visible from those respective highways.

    Facenda would not say how much business FireKeepers pulls from the Grand Rapids market, but the two casinos are competing.

  • creeping panther

    Gl

    Quote: sagefr0g said:
    here’s what they are saying in this link:
    http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20110210/NEWS01/102100314/1002/NEWS01

    Officials at both casinos said they weren’t worried about the competition.

    Mike Facenda, FireKeepers spokesman, in fact extended public congratulations to the Gun Lake Tribe on behalf of the Athens Township-based Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi, which owns FireKeepers.

    And D.K. Sprague, tribal chairman of the Gun Lake Tribe, said Wednesday, “I don’t like the word ‘competition.’ We have a lot of brothers and sisters in that tribe. We’re all a family.”

    Meanwhile, George Erickcek, a Kalamazoo economist studying FireKeepers’ impact on Calhoun County, said he didn’t think Gun Lake would pull much business from FireKeepers.

    The local casino, located midway between Battle Creek and Marshall, likely pulls most of its traffic from I-94, Erickcek said, while Gun Lake will rely more on U.S. 131 traffic. Both casinos are visible from those respective highways.

    Facenda would not say how much business FireKeepers pulls from the Grand Rapids market, but the two casinos are competing.

    My Dear friend Sage,

    I was at FK tonight and GL was the talk of the casino workers and MGMT. They were concerned about it’s opening Friday Morn. The article was very polite, but in reality they both will be at each others throat,,and GL has a long ways to go to close the gap with the other casinos.

    CP

  • blackjack avenger

    So Casinos Do Matter

    This is probably how casinos compete and apparently rarely realize it. The innocent casino civilian goes to casino A 3 times and loses. So he decides to try his luck at casino B and wins. Where do you think the patron will go next? Now, the casino that has better games is probably the one where the patron won.


    good cards

  • Blue Efficacy

     

    Quote: 21gunsalute said:
    If you’re going there this weekend, good luck getting there!

    http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/02/ramps_to_casino_closed_by_poli.html

    One would think the interchange @ US-131 would have been rebuilt prior to the opening and one might also think that the Tribal leaders would have built more than a 2500 car parking lot, but nooooooooooooooooooo!

    The state highway department is responsible for all interchanges on US highway.

  • 21gunsalute

     

    Quote: Blue Efficacy said:
    The state highway department is responsible for all interchanges on US highway.

    Oh I’m well aware of that. You’d think MDOT could have seen this problem coming years in advance though.

  • 21gunsalute

    Don’t bother is an understatement!

    I decided to check this place out during the wee hours of the morning. I didn’t stay more than about 5 minutes. All the lower limit tables were CSM. The 6-deck shoes tables were all $25 min on up. They had a $100 min table that had $1000 max. I couldn’t get close enough to a table to check pen.

    I checked out VP in 2 diffrent locations. Jacks or Better were all set to 8:5 not 9:6. There may be 9:6 somewhere in the building but I wasn’t about to waste time searching for them.

    I’m hoping once the crowds thin out the mins on the shoe tables will come down, but for right now there is absolutely no reason to visit this place unless you enjoy waiting for hours in traffic and then getting ripped off once you enter the building.

  • Blue Efficacy

     

    I am unfamiliar with the local geography, how far is this burn joint from the nearest competing casino?

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: Blue Efficacy said:
    I am unfamiliar with the local geography, how far is this burn joint from the nearest competing casino?

    It’s about 20 miles due south of Grand Rapids, MI off US-131. 60 miles from Firekeepers, 100 miles from Four Winds, 175 miles from Detriot.

    Hope that helps.

  • Blue Efficacy

     

    Quote: paddywhack said:
    It’s about 20 miles due south of Grand Rapids, MI off US-131. 60 miles from Firekeepers, 100 miles from Four Winds, 175 miles from Detriot.

    Hope that helps.

    Yes it does. Firekeepers offers decent games by comparison, right? Perhaps once the novelty wears off from this place…

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: Blue Efficacy said:
    Yes it does. Firekeepers offers decent games by comparison, right? Perhaps once the novelty wears off from this place…

    Still haven’t heard any factual info from someone who’s played the game. Appears to have similar rules to Firekeepers but we’ll see.

    From what I heard Fri night they were still packed to the hilt and mins were still $25 on 6d shoes.

  • 21gunsalute

     

    An update on Gun Lake VP. Don’t bother! Not only are there no 9/6 Jacks or Better available, the best odds you can get are 8/5 and are only available on $1 a hand or higher machines. Quarter machines are 7/5 and lower denominations are 6/5. Unfortunately people don’t seem to understand anything about the odds and, at least when I was there, where swarming these machines to lose their money. Blackjack can be playable at non-peek hours, but barely.

  • creeping panther

    Gun Lake VP

    They have a small window to rip off the customer as casinos nearby have fine BJ, single 0 Roulette, nice poker rooms and hotels, restaurants and, 9/6 VP at .25 with progressives, in abundance.

    Gun Lake, you suck, and soon your customers will be going elsewhere.

    CP

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.