pro football predictions will appear here free

glovesetc

update on browns - raven game

We are making a pick this week - $5,000.00 on the browns !!! mc Nair is doubful and boller is hurt as well .:) :grin: ;) :cool2:

aslan

glovesetc said:
We are making a pick this week - $5,000.00 on the browns !!! mc Nair is doubful and boller is hurt as well .:) :grin: ;) :cool2:
Kewl! :)

PS-- I can't find Boller's injury confirmed anywhere. Most papers say McNair is likely out (although he is still listed as probable) but none say that Boller is hurt? They do indicate that the Ravens have no confidence in Boller. Is this breaking news about Boller being hurt? Who would start, Troy Smith?

glovesetc

true aslan

Mc Nair is probable and Boller is not a starting NFL quarterback in anybodys mind . McNair is hurt more then most realize and the info came from a very reliable birdie you might say . I respect this guys info - that is why we are placing one bet this week instead of none !!!!! Football is like BJ- there is no sure thing buddy just information , numbers , and gut reactions .:) :grin: ;) :cool2: :cool:

aslan

glovesetc said:
Mc Nair is probable and Boller is not a starting NFL quarterback in anybodys mind . McNair is hurt more then most realize and the info came from a very reliable birdie you might say . I respect this guys info - that is why we are placing one bet this week instead of none !!!!! Football is like BJ- there is no sure thing buddy just information , numbers , and gut reactions .:) :grin: ;) :cool2: :cool:
Right. I was reacting to where you said that Boller was also hurt. Everything I've read says that Boller is not ready to be a starter and that the coach does not have much confidence in him. The local Baltimore papers also confirm that the injury to McNair is at least for a two or three week duration, although I guess they could play him injured, if they don't mind losing him possibly for the season. He has not been that effective recently anyway, so they are between a rock and a hard place, and might as well play Boller and if need be, prematurely start breaking in their Heismann, Troy Smith. Good pick! :dog: Az

glovesetc

being from Ohio

Troy Smith was a joke at OSU and he will be a bigger NFL joke as well / After they were embarasses last year in the BCS one of the Florida players said there was at least 4 teams in their conference that could of beat them . OSU has a good teram - no doubt but there is 4 teams that I have watched that i feel are better and no BC is not one of them . My source says boller is hurt and I will go by that - watch he will come out and have a perfect passer rating , throw for 600 yards , 8 touchdowns , and rush for 143 yards - it never fails - LMAO :) :grin: ;) :cool2: Also who is going to score for Baltimore . The bengals held them to next to nothing as did Pittsburgh .

moo321

I wouldn't discount Troy Smith. I watched him all season, and that Florida game was a fluke. He's no Steve McNair, but he has an NFL arm, normally doesn't throw picks, and avoids the rush very well. In fact, I'd easily take Troy Smith over Kyle Boller, even if Boller wasn't hurt.

aslan

glovesetc said:
Troy Smith was a joke at OSU and he will be a bigger NFL joke as well / After they were embarasses last year in the BCS one of the Florida players said there was at least 4 teams in their conference that could of beat them . OSU has a good teram - no doubt but there is 4 teams that I have watched that i feel are better and no BC is not one of them . My source says boller is hurt and I will go by that - watch he will come out and have a perfect passer rating , throw for 600 yards , 8 touchdowns , and rush for 143 yards - it never fails - LMAO :) :grin: ;) :cool2: Also who is going to score for Baltimore . The bengals held them to next to nothing as did Pittsburgh .
I read between the lines and figured you really meant it when you said Boller was hurt. I got down as quickly as I could fearing that kind of news would play havoc with the spread. So I'm with you, Browns and -3. Right, just watch him throw for 600 yards, etc., etc. So what else is new! :dog: Az

bj bob

Bad timing.....

glovesetc said:
....you guys. Should have called me about an hour ago. Passed right by Raven's training camp on the way back from some business. I was tuned in, however, to the WBAL Raven's Show and just heard that Mr. Boller is officially the QB from this point on. Nothing was mentioned about any injury to Kyle, however, Qadray Ismail made a rather odd rhetorical statement that he was very surprised Billick didn't pull McNair much sooner than he did in Sunday's game. Does Qadray know something he isn't supposed to tell?:confused:

moo321

glovesetc said:
and wonder why Mr heisman did not go higher ? maybe the pros saw the same thing - who knows though .:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2:
He was generally being projected as a late 1st-2nd rounder before Florida. After Florida, he was being projected as a 4th-5th rounder and slid a little. Some people thought he was benefiting from Ginn and Gonzalez, and was over-rated. Most scouting reports still acknowledged he had a great arm. Before Florida his TD-Int ratio was like 7 to 1. If I was an NFL head coach that needed a replacement QB in a few years, I would have taken him in the later 3rd round.

remember my $100 bet at my workplace that the packers will win the division vs the bears will win the division that i am most likely going to win, if not tie? well the dude got fired for sexual harassment, so i dont think i will be seeing that $100

glovesetc

why do I think

your friend that you made the bet with would rather be working and paying you the bet ! Finding a job with a sexual harassment collar following you on your resume does not instill confidence in a human resources department !:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2:

glovesetc

well the kity

goes up to $31,100 as we squeak out that half point win at 21/2 !!!!! Aslan how did you get 3 points buddy? Has not been 3 all week long except on Monday i believe and maybe tuesday . Makes no difference you did not lose and by ALL rights we should of lost!!! Rather be lucky then good is my motto . I am gonna look hard at the pats game !:) :grin: ;) :cool2:

glovesetc

that is all folks

Pats will win by 14 for sure I think but I just do not like giving up 2 scores and a field goal to another team in the pros . Buffalo sucks but if I was going to bet - it would be on the pats. The over looks like a winning bet as well . Buffalo should score some points and the pats should score like 35 as well . Again we are passing on both though !!!!:) :grin: ;) :cool2:

glovesetc

yhe big point spreads

favorites Philly, Dallas, Indy and pittsburgh did not cover and Pittsburgh lost straight up - hmmmmm . Green bay did cover the 10 though I think !!!:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2:

bj bob

Sweatin' Bullets

glovesetc said:
looks like the game goes over in the first half and the pats sail on !!!!!:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2:
Hey Gloves! You gotta stop trying to kill me man. I laid the points with the Pats and I've been chugging Maalox for the past 1.5 hours. I can't take the stress any longer.:eek: :eek: :eek:

glovesetc

you had no worries my friend .

The game was history at the half buddy !!!! Good bet - that is why I posted the reply that if we were going to bet the game take the pats and the over . We did not bet it cause it did not make my grading system and frankly elated the browns made us winners - that was luck - period !!!!!:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2: will post the picks again next week and there is one game i love - big time !!!!!!1:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2:

glovesetc

one pick on thursday

Dallas and give the 14 points . I hate laying big spreads but this should be a gimme !!!! $5,000.00 on the cowboys . Was going to bet the pats but 22 points is feasible but just too high . I can see the pats headline now - pats win 56-7 again- lol .:) :grin: ;) :cool: :cool2: