More competition==> better games?
With AC revenues down ~20% in recent months, due to neighboring state's competition, it's hard to believe all these places will survive.
If they got some decent transportation down there, they might. That means a legitimate electric train to/from NYC. New Yorkers will love it- get on a train in the city, 90 minutes later you're on the Boardwalk. Some air service would help too.
As it stands now, you're looking at a 4-5 hour traffic nightmare in your own car or on a filthy crowded bus.
I use NJTransit (NE Corridor line) when we go into Manhattan for a weekend daytrip, etc. It's quick, reliable and relatively inexpensive. I don't see why their shore line would be any different.A train from NY to AC is supposed to begin this spring,but I'm not holding my breath.
True, though a few more 6D games have been sprouting recently. I can see the new guys start off with the usual, crappy AC games and get busy just because they're new and shiny. Then, the older places will try some better games to bring people back.However, it seems that AC rules have settled into a weird equilibrium of crapulence, and I don't know what it will take to dislodge it.
Please. From my house in Queens,it's between a 2 1/2 to 3 hour trip by car,unless you're an idiot and decide to go at rush hour.
I've taken the 10 PM bus from the Port Authority to Caesars,checked in and been gambling by midnite on several occasions.Don't go on a holiday weekend or at rush hour and chances are you'll get your own row.
There is air service from Long Island,but I don't know the details. It's been a long time since I played enough there to get free flights and never looked into the paid ones.
A train from NY to AC is supposed to begin this spring,but I'm not holding my breath.
Pinnacle, Revel and MGM plan huge new casinos in AC over the
next 3-5 years. More competition==> better games?
BJinNJ![]()
Wow, a thread fro the past. If the casino managers at any new places come from the same gene pool as the rest of them, just expect more crap.
I realize all that, but most of us don't have the luxury of heading down to AC at 11 AM on Tuesday. Rush hour is rush hour for a reason. A train would make it a nice trip.
A carpenter friend of mine finally got back to work at the Revel site.
They extended the boardwalk quite a way to accommodate the new properties.
It was a good long walk from Hilton/Trop to Showboat/Taj, as it was.
BJ in AC needs help. The rules in PA are better, but the pen is not.
BJinNJ![]()
A carpenter friend of mine finally got back to work at the Revel site.
They extended the boardwalk quite a way to accommodate the new properties.
It was a good long walk from Hilton/Trop to Showboat/Taj, as it was.
BJ in AC needs help. The rules in PA are better, but the pen is not.
BJinNJ![]()
Then you have not been to the Borgata lately where they ordered all the dealers in the 8-deck S17 pit to cut three decks pen. Has any other casino gone this far?