Any ideas without increasing my BR?

mg88

New Member
Ok, I know I'm a new member, however I've been viewing this site for 6-Plus months, and i want to know what my expectations should be... I do gamble in a small Midwest casino, and I'm plus 200 units on my BR in six trips.... And I'm very good BS player with a 1-5 spread. I don't know how to improve my profits any ideas?
 
Ok, I know I'm a new member, however I've been viewing this site for 6-Plus months, and i want to know what my expectations should be... I do gamble in a small Midwest casino, and I'm plus 200 units on my BR in six trips.... And I'm very good BS player with a 1-5 spread. I don't know how to improve my profits any ideas?

On what basis you spread?
 
Ok, I know I'm a new member, however I've been viewing this site for 6-Plus months, and i want to know what my expectations should be... I do gamble in a small Midwest casino, and I'm plus 200 units on my BR in six trips.... And I'm very good BS player with a 1-5 spread. I don't know how to improve my profits any ideas?

You must be a perfect basic strategy player, counting perfect and with power in a fine game, then a 1-5 may serve you well, depending on your goals and emotions and of course bankroll. Best is you will not easily be banned and can milk it forever.:cool:

CP
 
Ok, I know I'm a new member, however I've been viewing this site for 6-Plus months, and i want to know what my expectations should be... I do gamble in a small Midwest casino, and I'm plus 200 units on my BR in six trips.... And I'm very good BS player with a 1-5 spread. I don't know how to improve my profits any ideas?

Need more information to give an answer. From the context of your post, I would assume you are playing 6 deck and low stakes. If so, your profit should improve if you widen your spread, assuming your BR can support it.
 
As other members have said, a larger spread would help. 1-10? Additionally, increased wonging will help limit negative playing sessions.
 
As other members have said, a larger spread would help. 1-10? Additionally, increased wonging will help limit negative playing sessions.
Yes, these are the two keys, if either is possible where you [OP] play. With increased wonging, you can justify your relatively small spread, and as CP noted, you can milk the game forever. If you can increase your spread as suggested without creating undue heat, then of course your win rate will be higher, but so also your swings in variance, which you may or may not want to risk. Normally with a 1-10 or 1-12 betting spread, you will attract heat and have to keep sessions short and sweet, which may upset your applecart. If you want to ensure longevity and continue to play frequently, you will have a hard time "masking" your play with these larger spreads. Do you feel you have already maxed out on what you can bet and still continue playing undetected?
 
You're absolutely right. I read it hurriedly and did not realize that this person may not be counting. He needs to be explicit.

I was under the assumption, that he counts but only uses Basic Strategy. And if hes not wonging, he should increase his spead to a 1:8. This will increase his WR by 50% while having the same risk as a 1:5.
 
I have done anything from 1-5 to a 1-15, however i think i'm pushing my luck with this spread(lots of people are watching). I also start slow, no matter the count as i'm the big better at the table. I use the Hi-Low count. My casino is pretty small and the average bet is around 20 dollars per hand
 
Also, i play perfect strategy and am a good counter, but there is only three blackjack tables is use at any time, so i really don't feel comfortable wonging. I just bet lower stakes. 6d, dd any, H17, 80 percent, along with 3 card side bet
 
Last edited:
Also, i play perfect strategy and am a good counter, but there is only three blackjack tables is use at any time, so i really don't feel comfortable wonging. I just bet lower stakes. 6d, dd any, H17, 80 percent, along with 3 card side bet

I can understand why players would be uncomfortable with wonging in. But wonging out is much easier and more beneficial.

Just take a bathroom break, make phone call, get beverage, etc.
 
Wonging out more beneficial then wonging in?
The above would rarely be the case in terms of SCORE and NO

good cards:joker::whip:

Really? So a player who wongs in but never wongs out will have better results than someone who wongs out but never wongs in? Hey, if that's what your computer simmy thing tells you I won't question it!
 
Really? So a player who wongs in but never wongs out will have better results than someone who wongs out but never wongs in? Hey, if that's what your computer simmy thing tells you I won't question it!
It isn't either/or. Wonger-inners are generally wonger-outers, too. :rolleyes:
 
Wonging

Really? So a player who wongs in but never wongs out will have better results than someone who wongs out but never wongs in? Hey, if that's what your computer simmy thing tells you I won't question it!

I probably should not have said wonging in
but
wonging

Wonging means to only play positive expectation hands.

Later terms such as wonging in (always assumed) and wonging out arrived later.

good cards:joker::whip:
 
Really? So a player who wongs in but never wongs out will have better results than someone who wongs out but never wongs in? Hey, if that's what your computer simmy thing tells you I won't question it!

My computer simmy thing tells me that it detects sarcasm!

I do wonder if someone would sim something janky like that though. Only wonging in, never out. Compare it to wonging out and never in.

Janky strategy, but I would somehow love to know how it turned out.
 
It isn't either/or. Wonger-inners are generally wonger-outers, too. :rolleyes:

Of course, I just was always of the belief that the out part was more important than the in part.

But alas I am no expert on wonging as my play involves, and often requires, a play-all approach.
 
Back
Top