Craps Master for Moderator

Craps Master for Moderator!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MEDITANK

NDN21 said:
Have a felony on our record do we?

I wouldn't want craps master on this board. The board would permanently turn into nothing but attacks and accusations. Everything would have to pass his/her standards and if it didn't it would immediately get shotdown by CM.

CM should stick to bingo (can you smell the irony?).
Um no. I just know the laws. Ooops, gotta go now, the prison guard is checking the cells...I am dead if I am caught typing on my laptop at the Hilton w/3 squares a day. Can't beat the price! Mucho +EV there. Great room service too. :laugh:

halcyon1234

Craps Master said:
In fact, I'd be very aggressive about curtailing zengrifter's many diversions into conspiracy theory, mysticism, politics, and links to articles about himself by splitting them out of threads and sticking them in the Zen Zone.
And this, if for no other reason, would be exactly why you shouldn't be a moderator.

A moderator's role is to adhere to the rules of the board, in a fair and balanced manner, from a neutral perspective, maintaining overall health and well being of the forums, and doing it all at the for and at the behest of the users.

A moderator's role is not to persue their personal agenda, interpret or make up rules, or carry out any sort of imbalanced moderation of any particular user or topic, especially not in a vindictive (read: vendetta) way.

bluewhale

haven't been keeping up with the forum lately and accidently voted craps master because his opening post here seemed enthusiastic. i read some other of his posts and i'd like to unvote for him.
of course sonny gets a vote from me

aslan

Maybe next year

I didn't see where to click to vote for Sonny, but he's got my vote, too. :grin:

I know that CM has ruffled a few feathers, and rudeness is never appropriate, but I sure do like to hear points of view out of the mainstream. It makes people think, which can't be all bad. I thinks it's healthy to challenge widely held views, only we need to keep it a friendly debate. CM sounds like a few professors I've had over the years; sometimes those who have something of value to offer, just don't have the people skills that are needed to successfully communicate it. Also, top pros in any field are often intolerant SOBs. I'm not saying CM is a top pro--history will evaluate him as genius or moron. But his contrarian views do spice things up a bit and it's interesting to hear your rebuttals as well. All that being said, I wouldn't want CM to be a moderator, only to remain a posting participant. :juggle:

aslan

Last post in OCT?

I now see that this is really old news. Is CM still on this forum? Well, anyway, I enjoyed all your posts.

Sonny

aslan said:
I now see that this is really old news. Is CM still on this forum? Well, anyway, I enjoyed all your posts.
I think he still drops by once in a while but he hasn't posted recently. I'm also looking forward to hearing from him again. I think a lot of people mistook his brute honesty for rudeness.

-Sonny-

QFIT

Sonny said:
I think he still drops by once in a while but he hasn't posted recently. I'm also looking forward to hearing from him again. I think a lot of people mistook his brute honesty for rudeness.

-Sonny-
I saw nothing "honest" at all about his posts. What is honest about claiming that everyone is an idiot, lacks reading comprehension, etc, etc? He used the same methods of trolling used by so many before designed solely to disrupt communication. And if you look at the 'poll' in this thread; you will see ballot-stuffing. Several one post posters all voting the same way. Two of them were names of people from BJ21 that have not posted here. Their names were stolen and the 'posts' were plagiarized bj21 posts. (Violation of copyright law.)

From Wiki: "Trolls can be existing members of a community that rarely post and often contribute no useful information to the thread, but instead make argumentative posts in an attempt to discredit another person, concentrating almost exclusively on facts irrelevant to the point of the conversation, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others."

bluewhale said:
haven't been keeping up with the forum lately and accidently voted craps master because his opening post here seemed enthusiastic. i read some other of his posts and i'd like to unvote for him.
of course sonny gets a vote from me
I'd like to switch my vote in favor of the CrapMaster... but I still don't think he'll win. zg

Mimosine

Sonny said:
I think a lot of people mistook his brute honesty for rudeness.
-Sonny-
i don't think he was honest about anything. for all the hoo hah that he caused, what did he really contribute? seriously.....

i don't know who he is, but he really didn't add anything significant and he did end up causing alot of controversy.

for what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.