'Dice Control' Denounced

pogostick

This post goes way back, but lets have some fun. Although BJ is my game,craps is my weakness & I love the game. I have lost more than I have won ,So I play for the high of the game waiting for the one hour roll. I have got my own rules which make about as much sense as dice control. Never accept the dice when the stick man pushes you a 6-3 as a 7 will come next. Always call your place bets off when the dice go off the table as a 7 will come next. Chew the guy out at the other end of the table for having his hands in the way when the dice is coming out. Every crap player knows that one will 7 out if the dice hit his hands. Always call your bets off when a player and dealer argue about the payoff of the last throw. always play a chip for the dealers . That way they wont cheat you ! always take your time setting the dice ,putting the 3 & 3 at a angle to each other.Ever eye at the table will be on you thinking you know more than they do about dice especially if you make more then 2 points. The table only gets hot when you have had 3 beers and about to pee so bad you cant stand it and they are nobody at the table that you can trust to watch your chips while you are gone. Always tip the guy in the toilet handing you a towel because he could be GOD testing you. These are facts and I'm sticking to it. pogo

runningaces

pogostick said:
This post goes way back, but lets have some fun. Although BJ is my game,craps is my weakness & I love the game. I have lost more than I have won ,So I play for the high of the game waiting for the one hour roll. I have got my own rules which make about as much sense as dice control. Never accept the dice when the stick man pushes you a 6-3 as a 7 will come next. Always call your place bets off when the dice go off the table as a 7 will come next. Chew the guy out at the other end of the table for having his hands in the way when the dice is coming out. Every crap player knows that one will 7 out if the dice hit his hands. Always call your bets off when a player and dealer argue about the payoff of the last throw. always play a chip for the dealers . That way they wont cheat you ! always take your time setting the dice ,putting the 3 & 3 at a angle to each other.Ever eye at the table will be on you thinking you know more than they do about dice especially if you make more then 2 points. The table only gets hot when you have had 3 beers and about to pee so bad you cant stand it and they are nobody at the table that you can trust to watch your chips while you are gone. Always tip the guy in the toilet handing you a towel because he could be GOD testing you. These are facts and I'm sticking to it. pogo
God the first couple of sentances sound exactly like me, the calling the bets off and chewing some guys ass for having his hands hanging on the table. Yes, craps have been my downfall as well, if I get down right away I've been known to fire away with the 540 across. We all know when you bet more thn normal at craps that the dice have eyes and they 7 out.

But, since you mentioned you play for that 1 hour monster roll I'll tell you I hit the best roll of my 20 year craps life in Feb. at the Venetian. I'm playing craps only by accident, I registered for a large poker tourney and realized I was an hour early, at that time I didn't know a thing about cc so I head over to the craps table, drop a thousand down and a new shooter is coming out, it's about an 85 year old gentlemen, he's betting huge like 1600 inside with a couple hundo on the pass with max odds. I do my 135 across and place the hard 8 and 6 for $10 each. Long story short, the old fella rolls 5 hard sixes before an ez 6, I go from 10 to 100(parlay the bet) 100 to 200, 200 to 400, 400 to 600, and 600 to 1,000 which I didnt get paid on. Meanwhile he hits about 5 or 6 points and holds the diefor 45 minutes with only 1/2 table so the dice are moving fast. By the time he 7 outs I have approx. 2,000 across off the presses and cash out $16,000.00!!! Thats my best ever session of craps.

aslan

runningaces said:
Which brings us to the next question: Say you have mastered controlled shooting in craps and can consistently make a profit, do you get 86'd? Serious question.
I'm told in Vegas they may ask you to leave if you set the dice and are obvious about the throw (maintaining a low trajectory, spinning side by side on a single axis) and you are consistently winning. Some places will give you heat, others maybe not. This is all second hand.

I know in AC they don't seem to care how carefully you set the dice and how well you seem to throw them. But then again, I can't control the dice so why should they care if my results favor the house. If I start winning ibg money, then it may be a different story.

Wong says that you should practice setting the dice without drawing attention so as not to draw heat.

pogostick

Runningaces. My wife and I took a friend and his wife to Atlantic city a couple years ago. He knew absolutely nothing about gambling . We were staying at the Trop. The second day he knew enough about craps to play without me being at the table with him. He played pass line $10 and took full odds 5 to 1 and placed the 6&8 for $30 each ( $120 total.) I was playing BJ close by ,when I heard a lot of cheering at one of the crap tables. This went on for about 45 min ,so I had to see what all the cheering was about. My friend was at one end of the table and he was the shooter. He was making hard 8s & 6s one after another and there was some high rollers at the table that were cleaning up. One guy kept $200 on the hard 6&8 and was playing the inside numbers, 6&8 for $$2400 each 5&9 for $$2000 AND pass line $500 and taking $2500 odds. Ever player was making $$$$$$$ . When he crapped out , I asked him how long was the roll. the Pitt boss overheard the question and said 57 minutes . My friend only cashed out $3000 because he knew nothing about pressing his bets. GOD! I wish I had been in on that roll. He bragged all the way back home .

ChefJJ

aslan said:
Wong says that you should practice setting the dice without drawing attention so as not to draw heat.
Like knowing several ways to arrange each preset...make it quick and varied.

Of course, implementing several sets depending on the situation helps as well. :cool:

aslan said:
The question is, can one exercise a consistent influence on the dice?
Is that EVER the question! :grin:

good luck

BTW Aslan, I have a lot of respect for Wong, but him telling people how to do it and then for them to not tell anyone about it doesn't make any sense. Of course, you're the one shilling for him. (a joke)

ChefJJ

Another addendum...

In years of looking at this subject (including a year of disillusionment), I've found that there are several ways to look at dice control/influencing/whatever (it doesn't matter what you call it). For example:

1) maintaining one of the six pre-set axes
2) maintaining primary face control on a particular axis (even more perfection)
3) losing a die/the dice from the pre-set axis, but in an expected way
4) insert your concept here

Any way you cut it, it doesn't matter how many people know about AP craps play. You know why? Most people are either one or more of the following...

1) quick to write it off
2) not willing to put in the time to practice
3) physically unable to do it (no coordination)
4) not willing to ask questions and do the research to answer them
5) not able to understand the concept of betting to an advantage
6) not a fan of the game to begin with

My 2 cents.

good luck

moo321

ChefJJ said:
Another addendum...

In years of looking at this subject (including a year of disillusionment), I've found that there are several ways to look at dice control/influencing/whatever (it doesn't matter what you call it). For example:

1) maintaining one of the six pre-set axes
2) maintaining primary face control on a particular axis (even more perfection)
3) losing a die/the dice from the pre-set axis, but in an expected way
4) insert your concept here

Any way you cut it, it doesn't matter how many people know about AP craps play. You know why? Most people are either one or more of the following...

1) quick to write it off

My 2 cents.

good luck
And when someone figures out a way to do it that gives me a bigger edge than counting or poker, I'll be all over it!

ChefJJ said:

1) quick to write it off
Pretty much the same reasons why people don't learn to count cards, no?

aslan

ChefJJ said:
Like knowing several ways to arrange each preset...make it quick and varied.

Of course, implementing several sets depending on the situation helps as well. :cool:

Is that EVER the question! :grin:

good luck

BTW Aslan, I have a lot of respect for Wong, but him telling people how to do it and then for them to not tell anyone about it doesn't make any sense. Of course, you're the one shilling for him. (a joke)
It's hard to put the cat back in the bag--feet flying every which way, and all that!

ChefJJ

aslan said:
It's hard to put the cat back in the bag--feet flying every which way, and all that!
This isn't anything new. Hell, I've been working with it since 1999...no books, just noticed a couple guys at the local boat doing something "unusual" and having consistently successful rolls. I stumble across a internet message board (defunct for about 5 years now) with some regulars, like this one, and started asking questions. Some got answered, the rest...I had to try and answer.

So, your "cat out of the bag" comment doesn't really make sense. There's groups out there that have been selling their knowledge for years...whether or not it's worth it is in the eye of the beholder. As I said in my previous post, there's more than one way to skin your cat, and plenty more reasons why people can't do it.

good luck

aslan

ChefJJ said:
This isn't anything new. Hell, I've been working with it since 1999...no books, just noticed a couple guys at the local boat doing something "unusual" and having consistently successful rolls. I stumble across a internet message board (defunct for about 5 years now) with some regulars, like this one, and started asking questions. Some got answered, the rest...I had to try and answer.

So, your "cat out of the bag" comment doesn't really make sense. There's groups out there that have been selling their knowledge for years...whether or not it's worth it is in the eye of the beholder. As I said in my previous post, there's more than one way to skin your cat, and plenty more reasons why people can't do it.

good luck
It was tongue in cheek, Chef...tongue in cheek. Although from your post I was wondering if you thought it was something new.

ChefJJ

aslan said:
It was tongue in cheek, Chef...tongue in cheek. Although from your post I was wondering if you thought it was something new.
Ah, the post from over a year ago...gotcha. No, I just had a few questions, but I took a few months, sat down, played, and tried to figure them out for myself. :)

Tongue in cheek or not, it can be hard to gauge the tone of communications through the internet. I don't take too much seriously in life, but it can be hard to tell who does or doesn't when you can't see them or don't know them. ;) There's been a lot of pissy attitudes on this site lately, so you really never know!

good luck

ChefJJ

QFIT said:
If you are interested in calculating your advantage at Craps, there is a Craps skills calculator at http://www.qfit.com/calccrap.htm
As many times as I try it, I still get 0.0000%!!! It's as frustrating as playing tic tac toe against yourself...hell, I even put in 6 different kinds of favorite trees. What's a guy gotta do to get an advantage in craps?!? :confused: :flame: :confused: :grin: Because we all know that it's impossible, right?

Norm, maybe you should add some more questions, like:

Shoe size?
Golf handicap?
Frequency of sexual activity?
Number of consecutive free throws made?

I think that might help :grin:

aslan

ChefJJ said:
Ah, the post from over a year ago...gotcha. No, I just had a few questions, but I took a few months, sat down, played, and tried to figure them out for myself. :)

Tongue in cheek or not, it can be hard to gauge the tone of communications through the internet. I don't take too much seriously in life, but it can be hard to tell who does or doesn't when you can't see them or don't know them. ;) There's been a lot of pissy attitudes on this site lately, so you really never know!

good luck
Yes, I know. That's a big drawback to communications here. No body language, tone of voice, winks and nods, BSEGs, etc. lol