Discrepancy

Unshake

Mr. T said:
This website strategy engine here is only correct for the American BJ game and cannot be applied to the European game.
The strategy engine on this website does include European (No peek) Hole card as an option. It is the very bottom option.

E-town-guy

Mr. T said:
What you have is Early Surrender against any card except the Ace and No Surrender against the Ace.

So what do you call this Surrender.

Let us not split hair and call it the "Licentia Surrender".
Exactly, and to figure out when you should surrender just goto the strategy portion of this website and input ES, follow that except for what it says to do against an ace (in the case of surrender). For what to against the ace just resim the strategy for no surrender.

Mr. T said:
Let me get into this arguement if I may with all the big guns firing.

Friend, you must realise that you are playing the European BJ game which is played by everybody in the world outside the US including Canada.

As you described, the terms Early and Late Surrender are meaniless for this European game. This website strategy engine here is only correct for the American BJ game and cannot be applied to the European game.
You are incorrect, because the European game takes 100% of what you bet upon BlackJack.

If there is a hole card, the Dealer will check it and you lose your original bet. You did not have opportunity to Double Down or Split.

In my game there is no hole card so you can Double Down and Split before the Dealer draws a BJ. But in this case the Dealer will only take your original bet upon getting BlackJack. Any bets you placed for Double Downs and Splits are returned to you.

Therefore you lose exactly the same amount of money you would if the Dealer checked a hole card.

Licentia.

Mr. T said:
What you have is Early Surrender against any card except the Ace and No Surrender against the Ace.

So what do you call this Surrender.

Let us not split hair and call it the "Licentia Surrender".
I don't understand what you are saying. You are allowed Early Surrender vs every Dealer up card except for the Ace. That means you have Early Surrender vs a 10. They could work it to add in a rule that allows Late Surrender vs an Ace as well if they wanted. But there currently is no means of Surrender vs an Ace, neither Early nor Late.

Licentia.

E-town-guy said:
Exactly, and to figure out when you should surrender just goto the strategy portion of this website and input ES, follow that except for what it says to do against an ace (in the case of surrender). For what to against the ace just resim the strategy for no surrender.
Exactly.

Licentia.

jack.jackson

When a Dealer does not, take a Hole-card it is Customary, to lose additional wagers on Doubles and Splits. Interestingly enough however, I believe there are Versions where only the Original wager is lost, Even When, the Dealer does not take hole-card.

I am not aware of the differences in terminology.

la_dee_daa

jack said:
When a Dealer does not, take a Hole-card it is Customary, to lose additional wagers on Doubles and Splits. Interestingly enough however, I believe there are Versions where only the Original wager is lost, Even When, the Dealer does not take hole-card.

I am not aware of the differences in terminology.
yea thats how it works here in BC no hole card but u only lose orininal wager and get a late surrender button when you chose to surrender. which is determined after the daeler gets antoher card

jack.jackson

la_dee_daa said:
yea thats how it works here in BC no hole card but u only lose orininal wager and get a late surrender button when you chose to surrender. which is determined after the daeler gets antoher card

Ya, thats what I thought. Then you have the version where the Dealer takes the Traditional Hole-card and you Still, lose full amount on Double and Splits.

The best thing to do, is observe, or just ask, if additional wagers are lost. If so, make the necessasry adjustments.