Discussion of other BJ Forum Sites

Craps Master

OK, Forumer doesn't list gambling among their prohibited content. So, for now, I'm at blackjackedge.forumer.com. This is clearly only going to be a temporary solution, and a place for us to go and discuss the future of this community in the post-BJinfo era. Join in if you want to be part of the discussion or if you just want to be kept in the loop.

Homeschool

Am I wrong to thing Ken should just ban the troublemakers? Problem Solved!!! I would like to say thanks to the few troublemakers (we all know who they are) who screwed the rest of us out of an awesome forum. THANK YOU!!!!

Homeschool

QFIT

Upsetting as the loss of this forum is to us all, I’m also not happy about the time I invested adding a feature to CV that displays new BJInfo threads while you practice. I’m always looking for ways to make practice less boring. (Just occurred to me I should have added it to the drills too as that is the most boring part of practice, and would add a distraction.)

If you guys run out of ideas, I can set up a forum on my server along the lines of BJInfo with VBulletin V3 (the current BJInfo software) or the newer V4 (I bought a V4 license and never used it). But, I would want as little to do with it as possible, other than keeping it running and backed up. That is, it would be run by the moderators and wouldn’t look like it was part of my site. One proviso. There would have to be a strict no politics, no personal attacks policy. (Perhaps violation suspensions could be based on a Martingale progression.) I know that would be unacceptable to a few members that believe incivility is an art form. But, I have seen it cause too much damage to the community over the years, and will not see it on my server. Besides, we would just see a repeat of history as incivility would ultimately destroy any new site.

BrianCP

QFIT said:
Upsetting as the loss of this forum is to us all, I’m also not happy about the time I invested adding a feature to CV that displays new BJInfo threads while you practice. I’m always looking for ways to make practice less boring. (Just occurred to me I should have added it to the drills too as that is the most boring part of practice, and would add a distraction.)

If you guys run out of ideas, I can set up a forum on my server along the lines of BJInfo with VBulletin V3 (the current BJInfo software) or the newer V4 (I bought a V4 license and never used it). But, I would want as little to do with it as possible, other than keeping it running and backed up. That is, it would be run by the moderators and wouldn’t look like it was part of my site. One proviso. There would have to be a strict no politics, no personal attacks policy. (Perhaps violation suspensions could be based on a Martingale progression.) I know that would be unacceptable to a few members that believe incivility is an art form. But, I have seen it cause too much damage to the community over the years, and will not see it on my server. Besides, we would just see a repeat of history as incivility would ultimately destroy any new site.

This idea I like, I frequent your site anyways.

iCountNTrack

QFIT said:

I am totally with you on this one. Strict no politics, personal attacks (settle your scores elsewhere) policies and would make things run as smooth as a BMW engine

Last edited:

Coyote

QFIT said:

Yea... That does suck! I did pay for the update and it was nice seeing the new threads on the side! Oh well. It is still the best program, thank you Qfit!

QFIT said:
Bingo forums too?:) Oddly, I looked into a Bingo side bet with Richard Epstein some years back.
Remember the old bingo-APs before even our time - they would have huge reems of counterfit bingo sheets in their napsack. Little grandma hardcore bingo APs. Scarne wrote about them.

QFIT

zengrifter said:
Remember the old bingo-APs before even our time - they would have huge reems of counterfit bingo sheets in their napsack. Little grandma hardcore bingo APs. Scarne wrote about them.
"Grandma" and Leo.:)

Gramazeka

+1

qfit said:
upsetting as the loss of this forum is to us all, i’m also not happy about the time i invested adding a feature to cv that displays new bjinfo threads while you practice. I’m always looking for ways to make practice less boring. (just occurred to me i should have added it to the drills too as that is the most boring part of practice, and would add a distraction.)

if you guys run out of ideas, i can set up a forum on my server along the lines of bjinfo with vbulletin v3 (the current bjinfo software) or the newer v4 (i bought a v4 license and never used it). But, i would want as little to do with it as possible, other than keeping it running and backed up. That is, it would be run by the moderators and wouldn’t look like it was part of my site. One proviso. There would have to be a strict no politics, no personal attacks policy. (perhaps violation suspensions could be based on a martingale progression.) i know that would be unacceptable to a few members that believe incivility is an art form. But, i have seen it cause too much damage to the community over the years, and will not see it on my server. Besides, we would just see a repeat of history as incivility would ultimately destroy any new site.
+1

Billy C1

QFIT said:

I'm to believe that the leader in political posts is going to start a forum with a "no politics" policy? Hmmm.
I can see the rules now---------all anti liberal posts are subject to immediate deletion.

BillyC1

QFIT said:
Unfortunately, these policies are boilerplate. When I decided to put up a forum I looked around at the free offerings and found they all had pretty much the same rules. No one wants to take chances with UIGEA. I ended up taking the same route as Ken, buying a Vbulletin license and using my own server.
Norm, as long as you're using your own server from what I understand with software like phpBB you can edit the legal agreement text as you see fit. Also true I believe with Simple Machines (but have not looked closely at them in a while) and maybe a couple other of the many open/free BBS scripts.

These software developers only real concern is that you leave their copyright notice on the SOFTWARE in place... small price to pay for some great code. I don't believe they take any stance regarding content at all... again as long as it's running on your own hardware and bandwidth.

-DBJT

If you are uncertain of what forum you will choose (like me), stay in touch with people from BJInfo for now at (Dead link: http://blackjackedge.forumer.com/)

I honestly just don't want to lose contact with everyone on Monday. This buys us some time.

SB

Billy C1

So long

I'm unlikely to be in a hurry joining any new forum. I've truly enjoyed participating in this one and freely admit that I've gleaned knowledge from some other members which I'm thankful for.
I might resurface at another venue at some point. I just don't know right now.
In parting, I'd like to thank Ken for providing the forum and wish Happy Holidays and good health to all.

BillyC1

Jacob

Joining a private legit APs' forum?

Guys, how about joining a private legit APs' forum, which has been around for 2 decades? I'm not the boss, but I can sponsor a legit AP for membership. The litmus test is simple. I need to verify you as a real AP in person.

We can start the verifying process ASAP. Will you be in AC playing BJs within the next 7 days, if so, give me a hint of

1) the color of your cap or pants,
2) venue
3) date
4) shift

I'll find you (if you're a real AP), and a free meal and beers will be on me :).

aslan

Homeschool said:
Am I wrong to thing Ken should just ban the troublemakers? Problem Solved!!! I would like to say thanks to the few troublemakers (we all know who they are) who screwed the rest of us out of an awesome forum. THANK YOU!!!!

Homeschool
Where is Chuck Norris when you need him? None of this would have happened!