ITS OFFICIAL PART 3

Dummy

The ones that understand the game do. Of course they are the ones that understand what they are talking about. The pug and play experts only know how to use the formula someone else gave them. Being able to follow a recipe doesn't make you a master chef. It makes you a cook.

Hell'nBack

Dummy said:
The ones that understand the game do. Of course they are the ones that understand what they are talking about. The pug and play experts only know how to use the formula someone else gave them. Being able to follow a recipe doesn't make you a master chef. It makes you a cook.
To be honest I'd rather be a cook than a crook. Its safer.

DSchles

Dummy said:
Good luck convincing any of them of that. They deny any value of gathering and using info differently. If you account for all the cards you should use the info differently than they do to get the most out of it. I know you are a researcher, combine the way Moses and Tarzan used their column counts and adapt it to your information gathered. The information will still be more powerful if you think creatively. As a researcher I assume you think creatively. Non-researchers only need to be a disciplined sponge that socks up other peoples research in order to use it. It does get the money and they can have a subset of knowledge that works well for them. But they won't understand what people like Tarzan or Moses do or where it generates its power from. Hell, Tarzan took a level one count and made it more powerful than any of the published multi-level counts just by using information differently for playing decisions. He mostly missed the opportunity to use it for betting but did some minor tweaking. But I am sure he did a lot of fine tuning with Gronbog that since we traded information about our systems. Everyone before Gronbog said it could be simmed but none would actually make a simulator that could sim it. Then the blamed Tarzan for not having the stat to back up his claims. That is like saying I know how you can fly to the next star system but never helping you to do it and then blaming you for not having done what nobody has invented the means to do. Well I guess Tarzan got the last laugh when the sims came out by being able to transform a level 1 count into the strongest count. I always said the biggest advantage of his system was in longevity but some people only see value in numbers. Now they have to eat crow. Just think if Tarzan used the information in a multilevel way rather than a level 1 count.
101. And counting.

Don

ZenKinG

Dummy said:
Good luck convincing any of them of that. They deny any value of gathering and using info differently. If you account for all the cards you should use the info differently than they do to get the most out of it. I know you are a researcher, combine the way Moses and Tarzan used their column counts and adapt it to your information gathered. The information will still be more powerful if you think creatively. As a researcher I assume you think creatively. Non-researchers only need to be a disciplined sponge that socks up other peoples research in order to use it. It does get the money and they can have a subset of knowledge that works well for them. But they won't understand what people like Tarzan or Moses do or where it generates its power from. Hell, Tarzan took a level one count and made it more powerful than any of the published multi-level counts just by using information differently for playing decisions. He mostly missed the opportunity to use it for betting but did some minor tweaking. But I am sure he did a lot of fine tuning with Gronbog that since we traded information about our systems. Everyone before Gronbog said it could be simmed but none would actually make a simulator that could sim it. Then the blamed Tarzan for not having the stat to back up his claims. That is like saying I know how you can fly to the next star system but never helping you to do it and then blaming you for not having done what nobody has invented the means to do. Well I guess Tarzan got the last laugh when the sims came out by being able to transform a level 1 count into the strongest count. I always said the biggest advantage of his system was in longevity but some people only see value in numbers. Now they have to eat crow. Just think if Tarzan used the information in a multilevel way rather than a level 1 count.
Ohhh, you mean the same Tarzan Sim that showed no improvement over Hi Opt w/Ace side count LOL. Not to mention Halves outperforms Hi Opt II w/Ace side count as well. AGAIN, ive only been speaking about SHOE GAMES, not PITCH. Having all that added information is much more beneficial in a deeply dealt pitch game as ive been saying all these years.

Dummy

ZenKinG said:
Ohhh, you mean the same Tarzan Sim that showed no improvement over Hi Opt w/Ace side count LOL.
Yes, I mean the sim that showed a level 1 count outperforming all other published counts. The next level 1 count down is slightly better than hilo. This one is better than all the level 2 counts. It is funny how people conveniently forget the details and how to view comparisons. I talked to Tarzan about making it a level 2 count but he didn't like the idea for many reasons. Mostly because a lifetime of calculations would need to be redone and he liked the symmetry it had as a level 1 count. Needless to say his way of gathering and using information would have been much more effective in sims with a level 2 approach.
ZenKinG said:
Not to mention Halves outperforms Hi Opt II w/Ace side count as well.
Yes it does with very specific and extremely deep pen. But with the pen we all play, even the deeper pen Hiopt2/ASC outsims halves. I will not provide the sims as we have all seen them if we read Don's book or Norm's book. And I am talking about shoe games. See page 172 of Don's book to see for yourself.

BJgenius007 said:
First, I track 8s and 9s together. This is like Tarzan's count. Just the third group is presented in side count form. Because you count every rank, the variance is reduced and the P/E is greatly improved. The only drawback is when you buy insurance using AccuZen (short for Accurate Zen), even if you are right, the dealer downcard can be an ace. But Zen put face card double weight the ace, so the problem is not severe. I invent this counting system and divide it into five levels. Level 1 is the standard Zen. The differences among level 3, level 4 and level 5 are the numbers of the included indexes. Level 3 has the most important indexes. With penetration 84% (1D cut off 6D), PA rule set, Level 3 AccuZen has SCORE of $53.50.
Thank you. I was curious how yours was set up in regards to the 8 and 9.