Kevin Blackwood Chat Guest on 7-9-09!

Ken

KenSmith said:
I think our chats are best left unpublished. In my opinion, the chats will be a more useful feature if participants know their comments won't be permanently archived and searchable by Google.

Opinions?

No way should any chat be copied or archived. We can speak freely now, we cannot if it is on record.

CP

johndoe

I think you always need to assume it's on record; there's really nothing stopping someone from archiving it and posting it themselves.

Therefore, they should be archived at least for members with good standing (no sense making it too easy).

Cherry7Up

johndoe said:
I think you always need to assume it's on record; there's really nothing stopping someone from archiving it and posting it themselves.
I think this is quite true and important to remember.

As to Google indexing, I think that can be prevented simply by using a "robots.txt" instruction but I am no web expert.

sagefr0g said:
it was a great chat zen. right up there with the one we had with you.:)
during the chat Kevin mentioned that he is currently more into another game, not so much blackjack, anymore.
And what game is that pray tell? zg

sagefr0g

zengrifter said:
And what game is that pray tell? zg
well, it was a semi public chat for us all, and you could have been there.
so i guess no big deal if i posted the answer.
but i won't cause i don't know if Kevin would have posted that info, if you had of been there. not that i think he in anyway wouldn't have trusted you with that info, but as far as others who could read it here, i don't know.
maybe, if i don't tell you, then maybe you'll start attending more chats.
then maybe we'll have the benefit of your presence more often.

bj bob

sagefr0g said:
well, it was a semi public chat for us all, and you could have been there.
so i guess no big deal if i posted the answer.
but i won't cause i don't know if Kevin would have posted that info, if you had of been there. not that i think he in anyway wouldn't have trusted you with that info, but as far as others who could read it here, i don't know.
maybe, if i don't tell you, then maybe you'll start attending more chats.
then maybe we'll have the benefit of your presence more often.
Why don't the both of you PM each other in discussing this info. Problem solved.