New Strategy Trainer available

Mr. T said:
Could you incorporate the ENHC / European game for the rest of us in the world outside the US.

Or at least make it very clear to others outside the US that it is only valid for play in the US.
Yes... a ENHC rules version would be most welcomed!?

nuvi

Enhc

I'd be happy to incorporate an ENHC rule option. I have never played in such a game, though. So I have a question:

My understanding of the rule is that the dealer receives no hole card, so he can't check for blackjack. As a result, if you split once and lose both hands, then you lose two bets. (Alternatively, if the split hand pushes, then having no hole card is no different than having a hole card.) Then there is the option of early surrender, which is not always available.

Which is most common: ENHC rule with early surrender option or ENHC rule without early surrender option?

Am I missing any other important piece of the rule?

nuvi said:
I'd be happy to incorporate an ENHC rule option. I have never played in such a game, though. So I have a question:

My understanding of the rule is that the dealer receives no hole card, so he can't check for blackjack. As a result, if you split once and lose both hands, then you lose two bets. (Alternatively, if the split hand pushes, then having no hole card is no different than having a hole card.) Then there is the option of early surrender, which is not always available.

Which is most common: ENHC rule with early surrender option or ENHC rule without early surrender option?

Am I missing any other important piece of the rule?
Your understanding of the 'No hole card' rule is correct. Since the dealer doesn't check for a BJ, any doubles or splits made by the player will be lost in event of dealer having a BJ.

Other common rules in European games include:

4-6D Shoes (Almost exclusively)
S17
No splitting of 4's, 5's or 10's (Common) / SA
Double on hard 9,10,11 ONLY (No double on soft hands)/ DOA (Becoming commoner)
RSA
NSA
DAS
*No Surrender
*Can only take insurance against a dealer Ace if player has a Natural (BJ)
70% Pen
HE 0.46%-0.55% (Per unit wager)

Here is the basic strategy for the two most common rules:
1. http://www.beatingbonuses.com/bjstr...&resplits=on&surrender=no&opt=2&btn=Calculate

2. http://www.beatingbonuses.com/bjstr...&resplits=on&surrender=no&opt=2&btn=Calculate

Last edited:
I am sorry for asking here, but can someone tell me what's the average time one shoe is being dealt ? (6 decks, 85% Pen.....1 player, 2, 3 etc...?)...with and without tipping the dealer.

Thank you.:)

nuvi

HitOrSplit

Rub said:
Unfortunatelly the trainer doesn't work for me (I installed the Java, and still nothing).

btw does the Strategy Trainer on Blackjackinfo.com works for counting ? (85% penetration, right ?). Can you train counting and bet spread ?
The current version of the game deals to 70% penetration. I am considering adding options to change the penetration percentage. Would that be useful?

Also, I'm not sure why the game does not work for you, but maybe I can help:
1) Are you using a PC (Windows) or a Mac
2) What browser are you using?
3) What version of the browswer are you using?

Or take a look at http://www.javatester.org/ to troubleshoot the problem.

johndoe

Having a configurable penetration depth might be useful if there were some kind of counting trainer, but without that I don't see why pen would matter.

Last edited:
Nuvi - I am using Windows, my broser is Opera 9.62 at home and Internet Explorer (idk which version) at work....I tried with the Java Plug-in in both of the places, and still can't play...

nuvi

Version 2.0

HitOrSplit.com has been redesigned with better graphics, new features, enhanced usability...

we are still in the process of finalizing the new version, so if you have recommendations, ideas, suggestions, complaints, comments, etc., please let me know

I noticed an error while playing practice mode. I had a hard 16vJ and the surrender button was not lit up as an option. Before I began playing, I set the options to include late surrender.

Homeschool

An option to turn the sound off would be nice for those of us who try and get a little practice at work or school. Didn't see one on there....

Homeschool

nuvi

Eternal said:
I noticed an error while playing practice mode. I had a hard 16vJ and the surrender button was not lit up as an option. Before I began playing, I set the options to include late surrender.
Thanks for pointing that out. I will fix that ASAP and get back to you.

nuvi

Homeschool said:
An option to turn the sound off would be nice for those of us who try and get a little practice at work or school. Didn't see one on there....

Homeschool
That should be coming soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for fixing the surrender error, but I found another one.

I had 3, 3, J v. 9, so I hit and the "wrong play" sound came on, and the window said the proper play was to hit. I receive another card and I got an incorrect on the scoreboard.

Nuvi--
Great site. I really love that I can play certain types of hands and practice counting as well.

I think I ran into the same thing that Eternal did. When playing in the "difficult" setting, I routinely get an incorrect when I hit a three card sixteen. It will say that the proper play is to hit (which is what I did) or to surrender (which I can't do on three cards.)

Thanks for the site, and thanks to Ken for posting it.

The BlowHole

You need to put in more display room for "chipstack" and the amount bet. It hides part of my $10,000,000,000.00 bets and results. :grin:

Or as an alternative you could set some lower table limits. :rolleyes:

I also noticed it let me bet more than what I had on hand, split when I didn't have the money to do so, etc. I didn't see a buy in feature, not that it's needed for BS training purposes, but if that's by design why even display bet size and chipstack size at all?

duanedibley

I set the rules to SD H17 DOA nDAS in practice mode and the strategy chart on the right displays 'P' (Split) for 44 v. 5 and 44 v. 6. The basic strategy engine here gives Double as the correct play for these hands. Which is correct?

nuvi

Eternal said:
Thanks for fixing the surrender error, but I found another one.

I had 3, 3, J v. 9, so I hit and the "wrong play" sound came on, and the window said the proper play was to hit. I receive another card and I got an incorrect on the scoreboard.
As you mentioned, the surrender error was fixed, and the sound option is also available.

I haven't been able to replicate the other error you found, but I will continue exploring.

nuvi

suthn_gent said:
You need to put in more display room for "chipstack" and the amount bet. It hides part of my $10,000,000,000.00 bets and results. :grin:

Or as an alternative you could set some lower table limits. :rolleyes:

I also noticed it let me bet more than what I had on hand, split when I didn't have the money to do so, etc. I didn't see a buy in feature, not that it's needed for BS training purposes, but if that's by design why even display bet size and chipstack size at all?
Thanks for the feedback. Those are all great comments and suggestions. I will look into the issues and make some changes.