Sonny's Shuffle Tracking!

Vytas

In Seymon Dukachs (?) DVD ,Advanced Techniques he stesses how you have to practice like hell (1/2 hour a day) to be able to cut exactly 1 to 1 1/2 decks perfectly or within 1 card.Then just count down 52 or 78 cards then you know what that card will be. You try to steer the ace or 10 to yourself, or try steering the ten to bust the dealer. Obviosly this works best if you have a team to take over the whole table, This is an opportunistic move if you are able to see the back card of the shoe when the cut is offered. This last trip to Vegas I had two opportunities to shuffle track. Once the first 16 cards into the discard rack were all tens and aces. I didn't get the cut card but I saw that my tracked zone was 2 decks in and I bet accordingly.It worked pretty good.But then again it could have been just dumb luck. The second time, the shuffle card came out and I had a running count of -20. I followed the cut offs through the shuffle , signaled the wife to cut in the middle and put all those extra little guys to the back, started my TC at +3 for the 1st 1/2 shoe and bet accordingly. Got to the middle of the shoe set my count back to 0. Again it worked out pretty good for skill or luck. I haven't done much ST practice yet but we'll see what happens the next couple months. My next attack will be on Tunica.
Regards
Vytas

Sonny

Cass said:
If you ever visit hitorstand.net i'm referring to technique that "bojack1" outlined. I'm pretty sure it is the same thing.
No, bojack is talking about ace cutting not shuffle tracking. Shuffle tracking is a method of following the cards through the shuffle and knowing where they will end up after the shuffle. For example, if the first deck of cards that are dealt have a RC of -12, wouldn’t it be nice to know where all those high cards will end up after the next shuffle? That way you could cut the deck so that they come out at the beginning again. You could make big bets knowing that you will see those high cards and you will not look like you are counting because you are betting big off the top of the shoe and raising your bet as the count is dropping (all of the high cards are coming out).

ScottH said:
Learning to shuffle track (successfully) is a lot of work...:eek:
The method I discussed in the articles makes it much easier. How hard is it to divide the RC of the cutoff slug by 2? :p

sagefr0g said:
i wish Sonny would write another series about the actual observation techniques of how a shuffle tracker gets a handle on a slug as he follows it through the various grabs, riffles, strips and the plugging of the cut off cards into the discards.
Consider it done. I’ll write something up and post it on the Advanced Strategies section soon.

-Sonny-

Not with cut-off tracking...

E-town-guy said:
The parts that hard is actually following the cards in the shuffle.
...Cut-off tracking (COT) is the "KO Rookie" of shuffle-tracking. The hardest part of COT is simply finding a house shuffle that is explitable (ie, the cut-offs, though diluted, remain fairly together). zg