spread needed for 6/5

lucifer

just curious but has any reputable bj authors done a sim on what kind of spread you would need to make 6/5 beatable.when i say beatable, i mean winning 25.00 an hour betting green.

sabre

I know the answer ... but I'm not a reputable blackjack author ... just some schmuck who knows how to use CVData.

mathman

I remember reading an article in bj insider I believe in January, that said 1-12 starting at a higher tc though, I think?. I'm not sure who the author was but he claimed to have done the math etc...JtMM

Last edited:
lucifer said:
just curious but has any reputable bj authors done a sim on what kind of spread you would need to make 6/5 beatable.when i say beatable, i mean winning 25.00 an hour betting green.
You can win $110 per 100 hands betting green, in ideal conditions, with the right count, and a 1:20 spread.

Renzey

lucifer said:
just curious but have any reputable bj authors done a sim on what kind of spread you would need to make 6/5 beatable.When i say beatable, i mean winning 25.00 an hour betting green.
Ran a sim playing Hi/Lo with 60 indices, heads up, 65% pen, no preferential shuffles, H17, DOA and a 1-to-30 spread ($25-to-$750) never more than tripling nor one-thirding the last bet.

Player EV was +.30%. Win rate was $12.50 per 100 hands. SD was $874 per 100 hands -- a very poor set of numbers. The betting ramp began increasing at +3.5 TC and reached 30 units at +8 TC.

Would like to see what some others come up with.

Last edited:
Renzey said:
Ran a sim playing Hi/Lo with 60 indices, heads up, 65% pen, no preferential shuffles, H17, DOA and a 1-to-30 spread ($25-to-$750) never more than tripling nor one-thirding the last bet.

Player EV was +.30%. Win rate was $12.50 per 100 hands. SD was $874 per 100 hands -- a very poor set of numbers. The betting ramp began increasing at +3.5 TC and reached 30 units at +8 TC.

Hey maybe I'll write a system one day specifically for beating 6:5 SD.

By the way, Mentor has ideal system tags for that game! The EoR of the ace and 9 are both about half that of the 10 in a 6:5 game.

bjcount

Renzey said:

Here's a sim using CVCX.
RPC, SD, 6:5, H17, DAS

If you can pull off the spread you still may be dead before you get to the N0.

BJC

Attachments

moo321

lucifer said:
It's trash. The only time it might be playable is if you got really deep pen heads up. Also, you're gonna get backed off running 1-20 on a single decker, even if it is 6:5. Why not just go spread 1-20 on a good 6 decker? Better EV, ROR, less chance of a backoff.

sagefr0g

bjcount said:
Here's a sim using CVCX.
RPC, SD, 6:5, H17, DAS

If you can pull off the spread you still may be dead before you get to the N0.

BJC
bjcount i think Mr. Renzey was going DOA not DAS.

how'd you do a 6:5 sim in CVCX? i didn't think CVCX had 6:5 parameters.:confused:

bjcount

sagefr0g said:
bjcount i think Mr. Renzey was going DOA not DAS.

how'd you do a 6:5 sim in CVCX? i didn't think CVCX had 6:5 parameters.:confused:
If you run cvcx thru the tools menu of CVData you can set the BJ payout for 6:5.
Your right about das/doa my error.
BJC

Last edited: